Chapter 11

BJ :

"Baby you know I really care about you right?", she said while looking up at me with those sexy ass eyes of hers.

"Yeah, I know baby girl.", I said while holding her in my arms.

"Mr. Jackson, can you tell me what is the smallest particle of an atom?", asked Mr. Lamee, damn, he caught me day dreaming again.

"Um, it's a-", I was cut off by the bell ringing which ended the school day. I gave a slight prayer to God because I was literally saved by the bell. I quickly scrapped up all of my notebooks from the desk and placed them in my backpack before exiting his class and heading for my locker. I took my duffle bag from the locker and placed my backpack in, it was finally closing in on basketball season and conditioning had started.

I made my way to the gym and met up with Tony in the locker room. I changed from my sweatpants and Jordan 13s into some blue and yellow gym shorts and my Concord 11s. I left on my tee shirt and simply removed my Chicago Bulls hoodie.

"Where our bae at BJ?", Quan asked with a smirk. This nigga stay talking about my shawty, but I'm going to ignore his childish shit.

"Nigga chill out with that 'our' shit and she at the mall with my sister Alayah getting outfits for this party on Friday and the funeral for Jamir on Sunday.", I said while grabbing a 55 pound weight from the rack. I always start with something light and work my way up.

"I'm just fuckin' with you and y'all goin' to that shit?", he asked.

"Yeah, we goin' lil nigga, are you goin'?", Tony asked while changing his shirt.

"Hell no, I ain't even get invited.", he said. We bust out laughing at his ass. I felt bad for the nigga, but damn, she don't even like bae, but bae got an invitation.

"Fuck y'all man, I'm gonna be with the homeboys that night anyways.", he said trying to cover up his slight L.

"Don't try to cover up that L nigga.", Tony said while trying to sober up from his laughing.

We stayed in the weight room and did a few more workouts before coach Hogan called us out into the gym.

"Alright, we are about to play six on six, the requirements of the game are for you to make two lay-ups, two two-pointers, and a three-pointer. The minute you finish, I want you to run out the game and one of you that are sitting on the bench will get in.", Coach said while looking through his clipboard. I looked around at all the niggas here and I could already tell, not everybody was going to make it. There were about forty of us and the coach still had about fifteen players left from last year.

"Okay, for team number one, I need Richardson, Davidson, Brown, Martin, Jones and Smith. Team two, I want Johnson, James, Jackson, Davis, Lewis and Tucker."

Tony and I were on opposite teams, this made it easier on both us considering that we always playing one on one together. We both had to jump and hit the ball from the middle of the court. I hit the ball and passed it to Quan and he dribbled down the court and passed it back to me. I made a quick lay-up which cancelled out one of my options. We continued to play until all of my options were cancelled causing me to he the third person out of the game. Tony made his final lay-up and came out in fifth and Quan came out in tenth with a final three-pointer. After the six on six games were over, coach made up run drills. We started with running laps around the school and then went back into the gym to do our final stretches.

"DAMMIT ROBERTS, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?", Coach yelled from across the gym. Everybody attention turned to see the nigga that showed up for the last fifteen minutes of practice. My attention left the doorway of the gym when I realized it wasn't nobody, but that nigga Leggo. Coach was yelling at him nonstop and this nigga just sat over there smiling and cheesing like everything was all fun and games.