THE DESERT ANGEL

"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings." - A friend.

__________________________________

Shikamaru woke up due to the sun shining in his eyes. He groggily opened one eye to look around him and after a moment he collected himself. He sighed and opened the other eye, the morning was one of those perfect mornings with a beautiful blue sky and birds singing their cheerful song, but it was only a facade to Shikamaru because Temari was next to him. It hid the storm of the previous day.

Shikamaru calmly laid in his bed he knew nobody needed him right now, but he couldn't get Temari out his head so he eventually stood up and brushed his teeth. After he was done he walked out his apartment and locked it. He calmly walked to Naruto's office, feeling more in control than he did yesterday. Shikamaru's eye line stretched to the sky as he watched the fluffy white clouds stroll by with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey Shikamaru." Chouji said as he fell in step with Shikamaru.

"Hey Chouji, how are you?" Shikamaru said as he looked at Chouji.

"I'm good and you?" Chouji said smiling while he munched his chips.

"Good I guess." Shikamaru said shrugging.

"Did you see yesterday's storm that was one crazy storm, don't you think?" Chouji asked.

"Yeah, it was a bad one." Shikamaru replied as he remembered the events of last night.

"So, you got any plans for today?" Chouji asked curiously.

"Maybe and if I have what I planned to have today then you will also have plans today Chouji." Shikamaru mused.

"You lost me." Chouji said confused.

"You'll see later." Shikamaru said as he smirked a little.

"Where are you going to?" Chouji asked letting his previous statement go.

"Naruto's office and you?" Shikamaru asked.

"Nowhere really I'm just walking around." Chouji shrugged.

"Well, I'll see you later Chouji I need to talk to Naruto." Shikamaru said as he waved goodbye at Chouji.

"Yeah, I'll see you later Shikamaru." Chouji said smiling broadly.

Shikamaru made his way through the Hokage's mansion knocking on Naruto's door before he entered.

"Enter." Naruto called from inside the room.

"Shikamaru!" Naruto exclaimed when he saw Shikamaru come in.

"Hey Naruto." Shikamaru said.

"Wait, you're not here to harass me like you did Lee because if so I will kick your ass." Naruto said eyeing Shikamaru.

"Nah, I'm here to apologise." Shikamaru said chuckling slightly.

"Oh well you should apologise to Lee, but I sense you want something from me." Naruto said suspicion laced in his voice.

"You sensed right, I want to go to Iwagakure." Shikamaru said with his hands in his pockets.

"Here we go again, you know for an unmotivated guy you're really determined." Naruto said sighing as he leaned back in his chair.

"Troublesome, can I go or not?" Shikamaru asked rolling his eyes.

"Yes, but it might take a while because you're not leaving without backup." Naruto said sternly.