WAR

"Cause she's stronger than you know. A heart of steel starts to grow. When you've been fighting for it all your life. You've been struggling to make things right. That's how a superhero learns to fly." Superhero The Script.

__________________________________

Shikamaru knew that the thought running through Temari's mind was that he abandoned her again, but that wasn't the case. Sakura was being troublesome and refusing to give him clearance for the field because of something about them not finding the origin of his continues internal bleeding. They kept sending teams for her, but they either came back with no results or dead so the teams they were sending were getting less.

He has been off any missions for at least two months now he couldn't even go on missions with his gennin team. Shikamaru didn't really know what to do with himself so he either watched clouds, nap, teach his gennin team or do paperwork, but most of the time when he was doing paperwork he was staring out the window.

"Shikamaru, Naruto wants you in his office." Sakura said as she barged through his office door.

"Troublesome, you know they invented something like knocking." Shikamaru sighed as he was staring out the window, but turned to look at Sakura.

"Now Shikamaru." Sakura dead panned.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Shikamaru groaned as he stood up and followed Sakura to Naruto's office.

"You requested my presence?" Shikamaru said in a mocked tone knowing for a fact it wasn't for a mission.

"We just received a message from Gaara." Naruto informed in a tone that gave Shikamaru chills because usually that tone gave bad news or more trouble for Shikamaru.

"He's declaring war on the Tsuchikage." Naruto said with a hard face.

"Why?" Shikamaru asked totally taken back with the news.

He knew Gaara to be a somewhat rational man so why would he declare war on a village that has a lot of military power.

"Orochimaru overthrew the Tsuchikage and has full power over Iwagakure." Naruto sighed.

"When did this happen?" Shikamaru asked annoyed since no one bothered to tell him.

"Three weeks ago." Naruto said cringing slightly.

"Why didn't anyone tell me? So I'm guessing Orochimaru's the new Tsuchikage." Shikamaru asked narrowing his eyes.

"Not exactly." Naruto said withholding information.

"I hate it when you say that." Shikamaru sighed.

"Temari is the new Tsuchikage." Naruto sighed

"You're joking?" Shikamaru asked taken aback.

"No, we're having a meeting with Orochimaru on the border of the land of wind and the land of fire tonight." Naruto said resting his head on his hand.

"You'll never make it in time." Shikamaru said crossing his arms.

"We will with Sai's birds and you're tagging along, but no fighting. Do you understand?" Naruto asked sternly.

"Completely." Shikamaru smirked.

"He's serious Shikamaru! I don't want you to use your chakra at all until we can locate the source of your internal bleeding." Sakura said glaring at him.

"Besides we can't start a fight without starting a war." Naruto said.

"War is inevitable for us if Gaara starts a war." Shikamaru scoffed.