TEMARI THE TSUCHIKAGE

"Your eyes change colour when you lie. I can see it I'm not blind, yeah. Your eyes, they sparkle in the light, but in the dark I see the true colours of your heart." - Your eyes, black coffee ft. Shekhinah

__________________________________

Temari stood before the jail cell with her hands on her hips and a smirk painted on her face as she looked down at Kiba who was sitting on the jail cell bed. Kiba looked back up at her with a relieved expression. She still didn't have all her memories, but she had enough to know Kiba was her friend.

And besides Neji was his comrade and she owed it to Neji to help his comrade. She also owed it to Shikamaru, she knew he cared deeply about all his friends and comrades. So she'll help Kiba in the place of Shikamaru and Neji.

"Are you sure about releasing him lady Temari? He is a enemy ninja from the leaf after all." One of the guards with her asked.

"If I wasn't sure why would I have gone through all the trouble of coming down here?" Temari snapped back at him.

"Why would you release an enemy ninja lady Temari?" The other guard asked confused.

Temari knew most of the ninja in this village was weary of her and didn't trust her at all, but they had good reason not to. They all saw her giving the title of Tsuchikage over to Orochimaru, but the thing that made them trust her even less is that they all saw her fighting with Konoha against Iwagakure.

She betrayed them and she killed their fourth Tsuchikage. That's what made them weary and afraid of her.

Even so, she wasn't planning on staying in this village to run it or to regain their trust. She was here simply to lend Kiba a hand. And the easiest way to get him out of jail without causing a political uproar was to regain her short lived title of Tsuchikage. Luckily she wasn't as unlucky as Kiba.

She woke up on a mountain overlooking the whole village two days prior to Kiba, who woke up in the damn center of the village. They immediately dragged his sorry, unconscious ass to jail.

"Because this man right here was my bug in Konoha. He constantly leaked information of Konoha to me as well as help me infiltrate Konoha's ranks." Temari lied convincingly, Kiba raised an eyebrow before he realized it was an act and played along.

Kiba had to make a mental note that Temari was a good liar.

"My apologies Lady Temari, I was unaware." The man said embarrassed.

"That's because it's above your pay grade." Temari growled back.

"Now unlock the damn door, a Iwagakure spy should not be locked behind bars." Temari said in a firm tone while Kiba nodded.

"Yes ma'am." The other guard said as he unlocked the doors.

"Finally." Kiba exclaimed glaring at the guards.

"Took you long enough to talk some sense into them." Kiba said looking at Temari who smirked again slightly.

"You can give your Konoha headband to me then, since your mission is over." The guard said as Kiba walked past.

Temari saw the small scowl on his face. That headband was precious to him. He wore the mark of his village proudly on his forehead. That headband showed where his loyalties lied and he worked hard to obtain that headband. So Temari decided to interject.

"Who said his mission is over and who said you could take that headband? Who's the Tsuchikage here?" Temari said firmly as she held out her hand to Kiba who's scowl faded from his face and was replaced by thankfulness as he removed the headband from his forehead.