PART: 05

[▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎]

[▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎]

Bang! Bang! Bang!

I shoot up from bed from the banging at my door. I rub my eyes while reaching for the door knob. Pete stands with a worried expression on his face in the hall.

"What happened? Are you okay? You missed class this morning," he rants. I turn and look at my clock. 2:38.

"You know class is important," he scolds.

"I don't give a fuck, okay? And how about a thank you for yesterday, " I say. I back away from the door. I sit on my bed, put my head in my hands and try to wake up. I overslept greatly.

Pete walks in. "You're right. Thanks for what you did. If it weren't for you, I would have been caught," he says. I nod at his apology. "So what happened?"

"I got caught. I got bailed out somehow and now I'm here. Bailed out.....damn, it was probably them," I ramble.

"Who?"

"Uh, nothing. Um, I'm out free of charges. I'm good to go."

Pete doesn't believe me. He has no idea about my powers. The only people who know are my parents who still don't believe me. It's not that I don't trust Pete, it's just in everyone's best interest if they don't know.

"I'm sorry that you got caught. I couldn't sleep last night. I feel guilty that I left. I was thinking of turning myself in," he says.

"It's fine. I said we shouldn't go down together. You did good."

"Are you sure that's all that happened?" he askes sympathetically.

What happened is something I need to keep to myself. "Yes, nothing else."

"Anything?"

"Bye, Pete," I finalize. He gulps getting the point.

He walks to the door. Before he opens it, he turns around and says, "Oh, Raven and Jack are looking for you. Just letting you know."

"Okay."

He smiles and shuts the door. Those shit faces aren't looking for me. If they wanted to see me so bad, they know where I live. They're just probably happy they weren't the ones getting caught. I told Pete before he joined that there would be the risk of getting caught by the police and if he did, he could not rat us out. It's all part of the pact. And sometimes I hate it.

I go ahead and take a shower. I then put on a black jacket and some jeans. Grabbing my so called breakfast, which is a doughy bagle, I head out to the parking lot. I wipe my hands on my pants and drive off. I head to where our painting is, well use to be.

I park and get off, staring dissapointedly at the now off white wall. The painters must have come this morning to do this. That must have been the reason Raven and Jack were looking for me.

The cops must think, Instead of going after real criminals, let's track down spray painters instead.

All of that hard work for nothing. All of the detail put into this to make a point. All of the hours spent into making this a masterpiece gone all because some authorities don't like it.

Yeah, I do have a problem with authority. But only because what they have done is wrong. Now I can either go back to my doorm and go to my next class, or go to the OFH.

It did say in the letter it would help with self-control which I seem to have a problem with. It will help me control my powers and maybe then I could have a normal life and not go to jail so much.

I get back on my motorcycle. 187 Sisto Drive here I come.

[▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎]