PART: 37

Two days later I was able to get out of the Recovery Room. While I was awake, which wasn't for long, I didn't see anyone come and visit me. It lead me to believe that Landon and Chloe were still agitated with me. I didn't let it get to me that much. It was stress that didn't matter to me.

Over the span of time, I missed three people's funerals. A kid from Simon's team and Richard's died in battle along with Page. I'm glad I missed it. I'm not good with funerals. Mostly all the people cry and I'm the one who seems to cry the most.

Death is something I have to get use to. I wasn't close to Page and she didn't like me, but that doesn't make me lose respect for her and not mourn for her. The same goes for the other two guys that passed away. Their names were Richie and Alex.

I came back into a sad world. The team was still crying about the ones who past. Ryan was really good friends with Alex. Cifer knew Alex and Richie really well. Kelly isn't taking it so good. I saw her cry in Landon's arms when I came back from lunch. He comforted her and I couldn't help but wish I was the one in his arms. But I screwed that all up.

I also feel bad for Kelly. Losing a friend like that must be a horrible feeling.

Landon and I haven't spoken. I've kept my distance from him and let him have his space and me mine.

"What are we going to do?" Chloe says solemnly. "If everyone is going to die, then I can't do it."

Cifer has his arm over her shoulder and pulls her in for a hug. "We keep going," Cifer says, kissing her lightly on the cheek.

The cafeteria doesn't feel the same. It's not near as loud as it use to be and the eerie aura won't go away. I didn't know them that well but them being gone makes this place feel more empty.

"It's the only way," Danny mutters.

"It sucks though," Evan says. "We lost."

"No, we didn't. We showed them who was boss," Danny says with force in his voice.

But did we win? We lost our own and came out of it in a wreck. It doesn't seem like we won to me.

I sat in silence as they exchanged words back and forth. I wasn't quite sure what to say and what the right words were. The truth is, there aren't any right words for this type of situation. You can only be there for each other.

I saw Sharden drop a few tears as I've walked by him. The asshole does have a heart. At least him and Kelly weren't there when it happened or it would have been worse for them. Sharden tried to kill me and I will hold that over his head until he dies. However, I have a heart and feel for him deep down inside. The same for Kelly.

A week later, things smoothed out a little better. We gathered in the training area for a special announcement. We stood in a huge group. The trainers stepped off to the side together. I ignored any eye contact with Landon. It's been very awkward the way we left off. I don't really know how to start off a conversation after our last fight.

Charles came in with Christina and Steven right behind him. "It's been a rough two weeks hasn't it? Everyone can agree on that," he says, gazing at us all. "Alex, Richie, and Page will be missed dearly. I know a lot of you were close to them and they were like my children. You all are like my children and I care about each and everyone of you."

Reese comes down from the stares and creeps beside Christina. I know Christina took it hard. I saw her cry one too many times and I imagined that Charles did too. I can't tell exactly from Steven's face. I made it a point to stay away from everyone in this time of need so I only know how certain people acted, plus me being out for awhile caught me off balance.