PART: 15

"Holy shit. My head," I grumble. When I get my wits together, I blink myself awake. I push the ice pack closer onto the side of my forehead that is thumping. I feel out of it still. Chloe smiles at me kindly.

"Hey," she says.

"Hey," I reply, with my eyes going from side to side. I'm in one of the rooms they have in the training area. I was right, it is a recovery room. The bed is very soft. The temperature in here is at a cool setting. A neon strip rings around the door with blue and purple, making the room have a club ambiance.

It's nice and quiet in here. The automatic doors are clear glass that looks outward to the trainees.

"You took a hard fall," Chloe says. She sits in a chair next to my bedside. Her hands are in her lap with her hair coming around her shoulder.

"It was embarrassing," I say, closing my eyes trying not to think about it. I still do. I fucking fell in front of everyone. To make things worse, I knocked myself out.

"Don't think of it that way. Our team won!" she says.

"No thanks to me," I say quieter than I meant it to be. I'm the only one on Landon's team who lost.

"Cifer wanted me to apologize to you. He said if he had anything to do with it that he was sorry," Chloe says.

"Not at all! He shouldn't be sorry. I was the one moving too fast," I say. "That was sweet of him."

"He's that type of guy," Chloe blushes. I think there's more going on than what meets the eye. Cifer is one of the nicest people here so far beside Christina and Chloe. He doesn't seem to be the cocky type like everyone else is.

"What are you doing in here? What time of the day is it?" I ask.

"You've been out for three hours. It's almost five o'clock. Landon allowed me to come in for a few minutes. Luckily, you woke up while I was in here" she says.

"How sweet of him," I sarcastically smile. "He has a fucking time limit for how long you can stay?"

"It's not Landon. It's the other trainers who are strict about that. Mostly Owen. It's kind of like we'll if your team member can take a break then why don't we let all the others take a break too. Under this circumstance, I could stay with you."

"This is bullshit," I say, still holding my hands to the ice pouch. The ice helps then causes a freezing pain to roll over on the actual pain.

Landon passes by the room looking in. He doesn't smile, he only holds eye contact with me. He's in that black jacket that makes him even more sexy. I hate myself for always thinking these thoughts.

"This is his sixth time passing by," Chloe says, almost in a small giggle. "When I was doing punches, I saw him looking in your room."

"Yeah, haha. I know. It's embarrassing about what happened. He wants to humiliate me even more."

"No silly," she says, slapping my arm. "He may treat you the hardest, but he never does that. He never looks in when one of us gets injured. Landon basically ignores us until we get out."

"Oh." There is no way Landon can be concerned for me. "I bet he did it for Kelly."

Chloe shakes her head smiling. "Not even for her sweet heart. Kelly broke her ankle awhile back. Landon helped her to the Recovery Room, but that was it. I'm telling you, he didn't look in on us. He didn't pass by or nothing."

"He hates me. He was probably hoping I wouldn't wake back up or for someone to say that I'm in a coma," I say. That has to he what is it. He doesn't care about me at all. He laughs when I'm in pain. He puts me up on the wall on purpose just so I would fall.