PART: 22

I'm woken up by the sound of thunder. I roll my eyes open to the dark trees covering the dark sky. Evil can lurk all around and blend casually because this is their home. Is this hell? Not with the fire and brimstone, but with the solitude and fear you get.

Chills run up and down my spine as I lift myself up from the ground. Mulch sticks to my bare arms. It's humid, yet I'm still freezing cold. I wrap my arms around myself, searching for any light possible. The trees are never ending.

How I got here is the question? There isn't a sound of animals. Only the croaking of birds that scares me when they flap their wings from tree to tree. I press forward on the wet dirt. There is no sign of life on this place. Where the hell am I?

The forest seems to get darker by the second. Soon, the only thing I use for sight is the faded moon coming from the tree branches. A twig snaps. I turn around in a hushed breath. My eyes dart in a circle all around me. My heart jumps. My limbs tingle out of fear.

As I turn around, a face appears. I scream, falling back on the ground. It's Jon. His face is pale and his eyes are black with dark circles forming around them. His lips are thin and blue. His button up shirt is covered with dirt and mud. He frowns at me, tilting his head to observe me like I'm a freak at the circus.

"It's hurt doesn't it? Aren't you tired of being a failure?" he says, his voice coming out in humanly. It sounds like he is possessed.

I try to back up, but my hands keep slipping due to the wet dirt. He comes closer to me, sending this horrible aura around me. I can't see into his soulless eyes.

"Your a failure to all," he spits. He crouches over me. I scream bloody murder shielding my face and shutting my eyes. I open them quickly and he's gone.

I catch my breath. My chest rises up and down at a fast pace. I search around and he's no where to be seen. Then I hear a little girls voice. Behind me a light comes from the trees. I approach it cautiously, pushing branches away from me.

The light comes from a two story house with a garage, a porch, and a garden. It's my house to be exact. I step out from the trees and go to the house. I go on the porch. The little girl laughs again. The front door is cracked open. I push it gently, peaking into the house.

Everything looks the same. The fire place is going and the TV remains on. I follow the little girls laughs. I head straight to my room. I push open the door and the younger me stands on my bed with a barbie doll. She soars it all around her making the 'whoosh' sound.

I must be six or seven there. She smiles happily as she watched barbie fly with her arms out ahead of her. I don't remember this.