PART: 30

Throughout the whole entire time I've been here, I have never once asked myself or anyone else what the courtyard was. It was mentioned in the schedule but I never took it as something worth mentioning to myself. The reason I say this is because we are heading out into the courtyard today for some runs.

We all walk to the sliding doors that I've seen but didn't really care what was held in them. Owen stepped in first. The room is pitch black. It's so dark that Owen's shadow dissapears like he was absorbed into the darkness. Then a light comes on. Then another. Then another. Then another. They come on in sync, snapping their wires to create brightness for all to see.

It's a wide opened room with nothing but white walls and tan hard flooring. This is where we're practice at? Everyone gathers casually inside.

"Are they serious?" I ask Chloe.

She smiles. "You're in for a suprise, Rowen," she says. Before I can ask, Simon opens a touch screen panel on the wall. With a few clicks, the lights shut down then come back on. Except this time, it's not the blank room. The courtyard transformed into a track. The sky is a clear blue without clouds. The grass is greener than any veggie I've eaten. The track is colored with lines of purple, blue, white, and yellow. A set of bleachers stands off to the side with benches close to the track.

"Are we outside?" I ask, not taking my eyes off the surroundings. I swear I can smell the air blowing and everything nature has to offer.

"Seems like it, huh? No, this is a projection. It can be anything we want it to be. This is usually where we train when we're put under training scenarios. This place can become a volcano if we want it to," Chloe says. She doesn't shoo me away with my face staying in a constant grin as her face must have been the same when she first saw this.

The trainers talk in a circle. Owen does most of the talking. Landon looks intense and more intense when Owen says something. Landon shakes his head and I read his lips that say, "It's a bad idea." They talk more, eventually separating.

"Listen up boys and girls," Owen says. The voices become silent. From what I've seen, I'm not fond of Owen. He's ruthless, always wanting to be the best. I've seen him lay into his team every time our team won above his. He didn't mind if I almost got killed by one of his team members. Hell, he egged Sharden on to finish me.

"All we want to do is spice up the fun for you," he says, smiling with a not so nice face. "You will be switching trainers."

"What the fuck?" I ask, a little to loudly. It turned some attention to me.  I duck my head down, acting like it wasn't me. I don't want to leave Landon's team and I don't want to be with another trainer either. Landon rolled his eyes at my comment, then grinned to himself shortly there after.

"Richard's team will go to Landon," Owen announces. Well aren't they some lucky sonuvabitches. "Simon's team will go to Richard's. Landon's will go to me. My team will go to Simon's."

Am I the only one who isn't happy about this turn out? I don't see anyone else objecting to this. "Why is everyone so quiet?" I ask. "They didn't say anything."

Chloe puts a hand on my shoulder. "Well, half the teams are happy to get another trainer for a day. And secondly if they aren't, they won't say anything about it. You on the other hand...speak your mind in the worst times."

So this hasn't been anyone's first rodeo except for me. I would have loved to have switched teams in the beginning. It would have been like having a margarita on the beach, but now there is no one I want more than Landon to be my trainer. Not that loser Owen. It's only for today and everything will go back to normal.

Our new trainers lead us in the locker rooms that are under the bleachers. Each team gets their own locker room for the trainer to talk to them in private. Our outfits are layed out on the benches. Us girls change in the bathroom stalls while Mark and Chan dress out by the lockers.