PART: 33

ONE MONTH LATER

My doorm has been fixed and I plan on moving back in soon. With me still practicing as much as I can, it would be hard moving away. I've gotten use to my abilities and have learned to use them in an effective way.

We have trained in the courtyard and have been put under scenarios in Alaska, at a restaurant, and many other places that have served us good.

Over the month, there have been two attacks and none of them have been successful. They always got away and then we would start from square one. According to new information from Reese, they are making more people into these beings and that is definitely bad for us.

Many people have died and a villain who was named Kevin Roshner from the other facility died when he was crushed by a rock when we fought him in the Grand Canyon. They are raising havoc on the world making people feel scared. News reports have been justifying this as the end of the world. And of course they count on us to save them.

"You are their saviors," Charles said to all of us. They even gave us names. They call me Rebel and I complained at the name because it's just one word. They call Landon, Trickster, because of his invisibility to sneak up on our opponents. The other people they really have recognized was Ryan and they call him Zoom. I don't know where they come up with these names. Natasha is Muscle Girl. And they call the green fucker Mystic Orb.

I'm always on the news fighting in battle. The crowd has seem to have taken to me the most besides Landon. I saved a group of people by disintegrating a car before it landed on them. I saved a guy by blasting away Mortica before she burned him alive. We have seen three other villains and the one I'm familiar with is The Ballerina, the woman I met at the aquarium. She has the power of deception. The two others don't speak.

I'm proud to be the hero I wanted to be. "She is saving the world!" A news reporter once said. It showed kids putting on a shirt with a cartoon made figure of me and in colors of my suit. Little boys walk around with Landon's shirts. Grown adults by posters and action figures they are putting on the shelves of all of us. On TV, it showed a gathering of people dressed like us for cos-play. May I say that the women who dressed like me made the outfit a little more revealing.

The popularly has grown and we are known throughout the world. Pete still thinks it's all a scam and I debate with him that it isn't. It takes a lot not to just blast him away and show him that it is real. He broke up with Taylor and I treated him to ice cream. She broke down and cried and begged for him not to leave. I convinced him to let her to. He hesitated, but he did it.

Chloe and Cifer are now officially dating. It's awkward that the two of them hold hands and kiss while Danny, Evan and I eat at the table. "Don't make me throw up my food," Evan said. They are happy together and I'm glad that Chloe took that major step.

I walked over to Landon's table. He smiled at me while lifting his fork to his mouth filled with peas. "Come sit over here with us," I said.

"Remember I told you I'm not great at conversation," he said.

"And you don't have to be." I nodded my head to the table. "C'mon, you're coming over there with me."

"And if I say no?"

I smiled and tried not to snicker. We went back and forth like this and I enjoyed every moment of it. He opened up to me more and more and I can say that he is an excellent friend. "I'll persuade you," I said. It seemed to have become our thing.

He stared down at his plate and then stood up. He followed me to my table. The guys were stunned at Landon sitting with people and obliging to it. They said hi to him and so did he and they went on talking as I joined in. Landon became comfortable as he saw that he didn't have to do a damn thing when sitting with your friends. He chimed in a few times and it made us laugh. He was laughing and it made me smile bright inside.