PART: 23

"Are you sure you're okay?" Chloe askes at breakfast.

"Yeah," I lie. "I'm fine." I look horrible today. I almost look like one of them I saw in my dream. It's that kind of bad dream you don't wake up from. The fear that was built inside your body stays with you.

I came into training feeling paranoid. What I wanted to do was lie in bed all day and not get up for awhile.

Landon has me on the side away from everyone else since I'm on a different level then they are.

My hands have completely healed from the cream. If only it were a pill. I put on my gloves, shake my arms loose, and start punching the human bag. I do as Landon says. Put my hands up as a guard, shielding my face and chest, and swinging as hard as I can using my upper body.

The teams are practicing breathing exercises. Landon paces around in front of them as they stand within their groups. He talks while his hands are behind his back. "Caught in the moment, you will feel the need to act. The bad part is, you will act before you think," he says. "If you were held at gun point, your first instinct is to either run or freeze. Teaching you on how to breathe and think will help your state of mind when you are found in those types of situations."

He stands still, looking each one of them in the eye. I punch quietly so attention won't be put on me. He then starts to say, "it's called the fight of flight response. You will learn how to tune out your surroundings and focus on what is in front of you."

Landon nods to the other trainers. "Let's get to work," Evans says.

The groups spread apart to meet with their trainers. Each team focuses on something different. Simon's team stand up with shoulders back and chest out taking short breaths. Simon hasn't really said much from what I've seen. He's kinda the quite coach.

Simon says stand up with shoulders back and chest out.

Landon's team all sit on the ground criss-crossed and silently breathe to themselves as he walks around them, telling them to tune everything out and focus on your heart rate slowing. He gazes his eyes over to me. I turn mine away like I was never watching. I aim my fists up to the head of the bag, and swing.

"How are you doing over here?" Landon asks, coming over to me.

"Alright, I guess," I say. I'm starting to break out in a light sweat.

"How are your hands?"

I punch again. "Good," I answer. I continue on while he stands there. He's not looking at my technique, he's looking at me, moving his head side.

"You're quiet today," he says in a lower voice.

"Just doing what I'm told. That's what I came to do," I say like I recited it. I told him before I was done arguing. I meant what I said and if this helps me get my revenge, I'll stay up all night if I have to.

"You know we can still talk if you want? I mean, if you need help with anything?"

Punch. "I'm fine." That dream made me feel worse than I already felt. It struck a nerve that shouldn't have never been touched. "I told you I won't talk to you if it's not necessary," I remind.

"That doesn't mean you can't come and talk to me about something you need to talk about."

I stop for a minute, leaning against the bag. "First, you're not my therapist. Second, you said you wouldn't treat me different. You hated me before and didn't care and I still think you do but you're only being slightly nicer. Third, you're my trainer. You train me. That's it," I say nicely as possible.