PART: 10

"Citizens have spoken up to a man floating above the womens' dorm on the campus of Arizona State University. Could this be a form of an alien coming to our planet? We have a student here with us from ASU to give us more of a description of the unknown species," the news woman says.

Charles, Landon and I have gathered in what they call the Meeting Room. It's an office type room with a long desk reaching to the back doors and chairs to sit over twenty people. Landon sat far away from me by taking a chair on the other side of the table farther back. Charles is standing up with one hand on the table.

A TV projector is beaming from the front of the table. I sat three seats away from it. The news reporter describes what the bald head asshole may be. A young girl gets on camera. Her blonde hair is ruffled wildly while she stands in a tank top with shorts. I wasn't the only one who looked rough.

"Well, I'm not sure. He looked normal. He was evil. You could see it in his eyes. What terrifies me is if he is an alien, he looks like one of us," the girl speaks.

I have to agree. These aliens or whatever they are look like us with unspeakable abilities. They could be anywhere in a crowd and start an attack.

"They didn't see us or we would be the front of the news," Landon spoke. "Rowen didn't screw us over entirely," he adds, sarcastically smiling at me.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms, leaning back further in my chair.

"This is not good. The people will chase this story until they find their answers about this man. That will put them all in danger," Charles says.

A geeky guy with I might add, girlish features, comes straight in with his laptop. He places it down on the table, taps on the key board, then a projector screen pops up. I stare at the projector screen in awe.

"I found something," the guy says.

"Lay it out for us, Reese," Landon says, sitting up further in his position and clasping his hands together.

"Have you found a location yet?" Charles askes.

"Not yet. But I did zoom in on the photo taken of the guy." Reese uses his fingers that swipe to the man's green outfit. "I did find a symbol on his left shoulder. That will most likely lead to where he got his suit from and-"

"Where he's from," Landon finishes. "How long will that take?"

"A day, a week or two."

"We don't have that much time!" Landon bursts. Finally it's not me he's yelling at this time.

"I will do my best as fast as I can. It will take time," Reese explains. "I have to scan multiple pictures all at once."

"We don't have time. They could attack at any moment now and we don't know how many there are!"

"Landon!" Charles says. Landon does the rude laugh, slams his chair into the table and leaves. Charles shakes his head. "Reese, take your time if that is what we need but do it diligently. As for you Rowen, you will be staying here at the facility."

"Okay," I say. Do people live here at the facility or do they just come here to train? I would hate to be the homeless girl having to stay at her own facility because she can't go home. My parents and I have a complicated relationship. They love me but set very high expectations for me that they think I can't fulfill. Like my mom thinking I would fail out of college. I don't want to give them the satisfaction that I need to come back home.

"You will follow a schedule here like the other trainees. You will have a room and a bathroom. You will be given breakfast, lunch and dinner, and you will also be training. Do you understand?" Charles says.