PART: 13

Yesterday when I stayed after hours, Landon had me do the same shit. I had to stop several times once more before I could continue. Him and I were the only ones in there. It was fucking stupid. I could barely lift myself up on the pole and do more of the exercises. Landon sat back and watched with an amused smirk on his face as I struggled.

I had to ask Christina for another pain pill after the three hours I was kept. I learned a lot of things by talking to her as I stayed up late. She has insomnia which explains the late hours I have with her in the cafeteria. I did learn that the room was prepared for me when I was offered the deal. There are enough rooms for everyone with only the two adults "supposed" rooms empty. Christina stocks the girl's rooms. That's a relief. I would hate to think Steven places tampons in the bathrooms.

I also learned the facility was built by Charles who was fascinated with his nephews powers. He started the OFH with people he trusted. It took a long while to locate everyone with a power. Once they did, they sent out the deals. I was one of the last ones picked because Landon had to choose between me or another boy who is now on the military guys team whose name is Simon. Landon decided on me. That's pretty sad that I was one of the last ones decided on. Christina explained because of my past and I was most likely to cause trouble with others. That's why it was best that I was on Landon's team because he is the "toughest" trainer. For the youngest one, that's impressive.

Two days have gone by and I'm still doing the same thing in the corner. My endurance has gotten better slightly. I'm still beat over not practicing agility. During lunch I head into the Meeting Room to speak with Charles. I only find Reese on his laptop.

"Hey, have you seen Charles?" I ask.

"He's in the bathroom. He should be back shortly," he says, not glancing away from his laptop. Reese talks with no emotion. It's like he's a computer himself....or what if he is?

Charles comes back in. "Hello, Rowen. We haven't spoken in awhile."

"I know. I wanted to ask if there are any updates," I say. It's been killing me about the attack at the university. I want to be ready around the time this man or whoever shows up again.

"Nothing yet. There have been no attacks and if there are, we have a detector," Charles says. He points to this black box underneath the projector screen. "It picks up on radiation."

That's how they knew to go to the campus.

"The lab experiments are stuck with radiation," Reese says. "In order to get those powers, they would have had to been under some kind of coma for years."

The OFH was originally organized for people with powers to control their abilities and work with them. Now we've become a crime fighting team.

The symbol on the guy outfit closes in on the projector screen. This must be the one Reese has been observing. It's a G and an A combined in one. It looks stupid. They could have come up with a better logo than that.

"I've ran that symbol a million times and I'm not finding it on anyone. I've searched through footage from the empire state building to local gas stations. Nothing is here. All I know is they wanted that attack to go viral. The world is panicking," says Reese.

"They don't want to be found. They will slip up eventually," Charles says. I don't understand how he can be so calm with all of this going on. He sounds like he's sitting on his front porch drinking tea. Charles grabs a laptop from the counter and opens it up. Reese's fingers move across the key board like a flash.

I lean on the table over him. "How high is your IQ?" I ask.

"One-eighty," he says without thinking.