PART: 20

Two days have gone by and I haven't bothered to bathe or see the light for that matter. My room sill lied in filth, and my brain was still floating in outer space. I thank Christina for bringing me what I need. The pain pills help me sleep and that leaves me less thinking time. Charles has been wanting to speak with me, but Christina told him I'm not ready yet.

"You have to get back up," Christina gently whispered.

I shook my head. With a sigh, she put my lunch plate down on the floor and left the room. Landon hasn't come back. I guess it was a one time thing. Like he said, the world can't stop because of me. That is more than true.

I cry in my bed reviewing over all the shit that has gone wrong in my normal life. I lost Pete. His absence didn't hit me until I was kept in my cage. He was the only person who knew the most about me. We had memories that we shared. It's all gone to hell. My parents haven't called me once after I called them. They don't care. They would like to think I don't exist.

Hours later, I'm guessing to the next day, Christina opens the door with a knock. At first I kept the door locked, now I just leave it open. Three people in lab coats stand behind her.

I raise my head up slightly. "I'm getting your room cleaned," Christina says. I roll my eyes and put my head down on the pillow. The people walk in with their equipment. I haven't seen them since my first day here. What do they do? Clean is all?

Once someone starts a loud vacuum, I grunt angrily into my pillow. Glancing back up, Christina left the room. A man vacuums up the glass from the floor while a woman picks up the dresser. She's strong. She then folds all my clothes neatly from the floor and places them orderly in the drawers.

The other woman pushes up my end table, then brings out a new lamp from the bag they brought in. After that, she puts a glowing star on the hole in the wall. It beeps and she takes it off. The hole in the wall is gone.

They don't speak to me and I don't bother speaking to them. They don't seem to have any emotion. Their faces are set in a straight line. Their eyes are dull. They must be miserable too. The man sweeps up anything he missed. The woman with my end table cleans it, turns on my lamp and lights a vanilla scented candle.

I watch them, confused and weirded out. The lady helping with my dresser takes the stack of plates out from the corner of my room, stuffing it into a trash bag. The man sprays febreze on me and on my sheets.

"What the fuck?" I hiss.

He doesn't say a word, nor does he look at me. They leave all at once, closing my door. I'm not left in darkness anymore. My room is back to normal. Everything was in it's place as it was before. It smells cleaner and looks a whole lot better than what I did to it.

I roll over. My clock is back. The candle burns next to a cup filled with chocolates. How sweet of them. The yellowish light burns my eyes, so I squint them.

I drift off to sleep without bothering shutting my lamp off. I need the light. I'm woken up when someone comes to my door. I blink open my eyes. Christina smiles and sits on my bedside by my legs.

"You left your lamp on," she smiles.

I look over at it. "I'm too lazy to turn it off," I grumble. "Speaking of that, where's dinner?"

"I knew you weren't going to eat it anyway so I didn't bring a plate," she says more like I'm a kid being told not to eat a cookie.

"True."

"That's why you gotta come back, sweet heart. I know it's rough but you can't hide in here forever."

Yes I can. I wouldn't mind dissapearing off the face of the earth. I don't see or feel like the person that I was. It's funny how a man that I didn't know could affect me so much like he did. People die all the time and I don't cry or go into a deep depression. Yet again, I haven't seen people die in front of me either.