PART: 18

My back hurdles to the glass. I slide against the floor between desks, causing the people to stand up and scream. I creak my body over to a sitting up position. The people's alienated screams roar against my ears. Tiny glass pieces fall off my suit as I crawl on the floor. My ass is done for.

It was that bitch in the red who threw me in here. I get my balance back. "Head to the back doors!" I shout at the people. I doubt they can hear me or if they would even listen. They split up. First group heads out the front. Second group (smart group) heads out the back like I said. Third group runs up stairs like idiots, waving their hands up and over their heads. I would find this funny if I weren't in a live or die situation at the time being.

"No! Don't go upstairs dumbasses!" I say. I put a hand on my back. One throw through a building and I feel like an old person.

All these people are going to get hurt if they run though the building like crazy maniacs. There is over a thousand people working in this bank. The rest from the higher up floors travel down the stairs. They collide angrily, causing some to fall off the railing from the stairs and fall down face first. I need to get them out of here. This fight isn't over yet.

The red suit bitch flies in from the window. Her eyes glow a bright red that blinds me. I tuck and roll behind a desk. That's something Landon taught me that became useful.

"Don't hide little one," she says. Her voice sounds automated, like someone trying to mimic an evil alien. "I don't like games."

"Maybe if you weren't trying to kill me, I wouldn't have to!" The bitch knows where I am. I am not hiding at all. I slide over to the next desk when her lasers strike through the top of the desk. The metal drips from it's melting point.

"Don't you DARE talk to me like that!" she yells. "I am the God Mortica. We are all Gods among you little children." No way in hell does she rule over me.

"You weren't a God before. You were made in some factory," I taunt. That comment makes me jump over two desks and slide under another one. She burned them in rows, screaming out as the laser fire shoots through her eye balls. Damn, that's gotta hurt.

"I am your God. We are all your Gods!" Her laser is sent through a row of desks moving on to the next row. I'm all out of options. I can't distract her any longer for the people to make it out safely. When my desk is shot over me, blazing in fire she hovers over me. Her feet are inches off the ground. She floats carefree with her arms graced by her sides.

I hold my hands out hoping for a shield. I close my eyes and try to reenact that same moment back at the university. I try and open one eye. Mortica smiles evilly and laughs. "Oh, little one," she laughs like an old timing woman back in the sixties. "Are you not capable of using your powers?"

I freeze with my hands up not knowing what to do with them. I'm dead. Right here and now I will be killed by a bitch named Mortica in a bank because I'm inexperienced with all this shit. Maybe I had all this coming from the get go. Maybe this was my true destiny. To die young.

Her eyes light up blood red. In the corner of my eye, a flying taxi goes from the broken entry point shattering more glass and collides with Mortica. Her body is gone in a flash in the back of the building away from the stairs. Only a few people still load out, now with the crash to intensify their screams. Natasha walks in smashing her knuckles together. She helps me up from the ground.

"Thanks," I shake, still wrecked from my almost moment with death. "Super strength?"

"Hell yeah," she says.

Makes sense with the muscles and all. She saved my fucking life. When the time comes and she needs me, I'll have her back. A shadow flashes by in a green aura. Ryan sprints down the staircase with the last remaining people using his super speed.