PART: 16

Christina called me into the room I first came in when I went down the elevator to the OFH. We passed through the glass corridor to a metal cold room with filing cabinets and a machine that is touch screen.

"I want you to design your outfit while I measure you," she says.

She clicks on the screen for me. The icon she clicks on shows a white figure to dress up. Christina let's me go at it while she takes the measuring tape out of the drawer.

I'm finally making my fucking outfit! I still feel far from a hero. The question askes if I'm a male or female.

"Last time I checked, I'm a chick," I mutter. Christina chuckles wrapping the tape around my ass. This is very uncomfortable. The next question askes what do I want the outfit made out of. Leather baby.

Christina undoes the tape. Now she has moved up to measure my boobs. Now this is very uncomfortable and awkward. Christina pays no mind to it. I put my arms down for her to tug on the tape. "Rowen, I am afraid for all of you. So many scenarios have been crossing my mind. I am happy another attack has been delayed."

The whole time I've been worried about not learning about my powers and getting mad at Landon over everything little thing. I haven't stopped to think that maybe I can be scared. We are putting our lives out on the line for this. People will be watching all across the world and we will be up against people with unspeakable abilities. I am frightful. I could die once we fight. I almost died from the attack and I was fucking sleeping. I was so concerned about where I was staying at because I became homeless that I didn't think of how my heart ripped through my ribcage and how I ran with fear out the doorms.

When we get the notice that an attack is coming on, that may be my last day of breathing.

To change the unwelcoming subject, I say, "I know about the black box that detects the villains radiation, but will we know ahead of time when an attack is happening?"

Christina let's me resume the customization for my costume. "I'm afraid not. Landon and Charles rushed to the scene at your campus because the radiation was detected during that period of time in that location."

"But there are other radiations." I click on the pants to add red. "How do they distinguish between the villains and normal radiation?"

"Now that, I'm not so sure of. Don't quote me on this, but I think they are two entirely different radiations."

"Okay," I say. I finish up on the machine. I am pleased with the way it will turn out. I choose a mask that will stop on the bridge of my nose and over up all the way to the middle of my forehead.

"All done?" Christina askes.

"Finished."

Christina clicks the check mark on the screen then closes out of it.

"When will all of us get our outfits?" I ask. I'm excited to see it on myself. Maybe then I will feel like a hero.

"The others have gotten their's already. Your's should be done by tomorrow. That will give the machine enough time to produce it."

Sure. Why should I have even asked? I'm always the last one for things.

Steven barges in the room. "Rowen, someone is calling for you by the name of Pete. The annoying twit won't stop calling back," he says in an annoyed manner.

"Pete!" I say. "Thanks Christina." I sprint out the door past Steven. I run to the phone that is glowing green. I nearly drop the damn thing from excitement holding it to my ear.

"Pete! I'm so glad you called!" I say relieved.

"Where have you been, Rowen? I literally called the police." It's so good to hear his voice.