PART: 12

Even though I was dead tired, I couldn't sleep a wink. Each time I would doze off, I was awakened by soar muscles. I had muscle spasms in my legs twice and one in my foot. It caused me to cry from the pain being so bad.

I had to limp out of bed to go get some water. My muscles needed as much hydration as they can get. I go down to the cafeteria, get a water out the freezer, sit down propping my legs up and I massage my thighs. The cold water drops down my throat and sinks all through my shoulders. It has always been a weird feeling.

I rub the sleep out of my eyes. I'm so tired. I just want to sleep. I'm angry with Landon but more upset. I know I need to be trained in the least amount of time but was that the way to do it? Must I lie awake in pain just to train for an attack that may or may not happen? I understand the other teams have been training longer than I have, but that shouldn't stop me from doing the activities that they do. I want to punch a bag. Practice with another team member. Something other than being put in the corner as I sweat my ass off.

Landon is probably sleeping like a baby now while I'm still awake. The rest of the teams are getting a good night sleep from doing the easy stuff. Were they trained this hard when they came here?

A woman comes through the sliding doors. Her eyebrows lift up in suprise. She then smiles going towards the freezer.

"Can't sleep either?" she asks. The woman comes around to my table with a Gatorade in her hands. I didn't see her at training. She must not be one of the "heroes". Her bun is pulled back so tightly that her skin might pull back with it. She has light blue eyes that narrow at me and thin lips that place themselves on the rim of the Gatorade bottle.

"Not really," I say. I gulp down most of the water. Now I have the urge to pee. I can't get up and go all the way to the bathroom. I will crash in pain down on the floor.

"Must be hard being the new girl here," she says. I watch the water beads drip off the bottle of blue liquid. That's my favorite flavor of Gatorade.

"You know I'm new?"

"I'm an adviser here like Steven. I'm Christina," she says holding out her hand. I wince when our arms move up and down. "Sore huh?"

"Very," I say through gritted teeth. I maneuver my hand to my upper arm and rub.

"Landon's a hard trainer," she says.

"Yeah, no shit," I grumble. "So if you're an adviser, you know all that stuff?"

"Yes, we know what teams are who, which person is under a certain trainer," she says. "We watch over everything to make sure nothing gets out of hand. We step in every now and then to check on training, glance in the cafeteria, roam the halls to see that no one goes in the restricted areas."

"What is in the restricted areas?" I ask. On the schedule it said I would be punished if I went in there.

"That is a secret," she says. "It's nothing like a deadly poison, just we prefer the kids to stay out."

"They aren't all kids. I saw two adults."

"Lawrence and Henry," Christina says.

"Why are there so little people? Why are most of them teens?"

Christina closes the cap on the bottle and pushes it away, folding her arms on the table. "Having these powers are not very common. More like one out of a million. That's why the other facility is trying to create humans with powers. We are not exactly sure what brought these powers on. However, they are more common in teens."

"Are Henry and Lawrence the only adults with powers?"

"No, two others were offered the deal but they declined. Every teen that was offered excepted willingly. Except you. I over heard the conversation with Charles the day you left."