Chapter 35

"Not so fast!" I shot my eyes open revealing Rosie standing by the door with her arms crossed and a group of big muscular men standing by the door with weapons and a green uniform.
"There they are!" She yelled as the men marched up to a shocked Justin and grabbed him by the arms.
The men grabbed the rest of the rival pack members.
I stood there in shock and so did the rest of the pack members.
"Alpha Darren?"
"Yes officer Jim?"
"I'm not trying to degrade you or anything,but next time you could have came to us for help."
"Thank you soo much Officer." Said Darren.
"No worries Alpha,if it wasn't up to your sister we wouldn't have found these trouble makers."
"It wasn't us there lying!" Cried Jake,trying to get out of the mans grip.
"Shut up or I'll chop the other leg of for you too!" Roared the Officer.
"Lock them up" he ordered as they obliged and led them out the room.
"An ambulance has come to check you guys"said the officer looking towards me.
"Errmm can I speak to Darren in private please?"
"Eh yeah sure come on guys." Spoke the officer and everyone walked out the room.
Silence was taking over as Darren just stared at the ground with no eye contact.
"Don't look at me!I'm a disgrace." He  said with disappointment.
"How?"I questioned"in what way are you a disgrace?"
"I let you suffer,you were going to let them take your life and I couldn't do anything!" He cried placing his hands together and apologising"I'm sorry Jen that I wasn't there to protect you."
I ran up to him with all the strength I had and grabbed him in my arms I felt like I was longing for this moment for so many days.He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly like I was going to disappear any second. His smell,his touch everything I yearned for. The tears were flowing but I couldn't careless.
"Look what they did to you." He cupped my face in his hands.
"And they are gone Darren forget about them." I said "by the way those officers are not dressed as usual officers?"
"Yeah they are werewolves officers."
"there's werewolves officers too?!?" I spoke amazed at this news.
"Yup" he smirked "I missed that smile of yours." He gave me a light comfort kiss and led me out of the hall ,police cars and ambulances were standing with pack members crowded around them.
Darren grabbed my hand and gently took me to the ambulance "let me guess werewolves ambulance too?" I rolled my eyes making him laugh.
"Jen I'll be right back ,make sure you tell the nurse if you have any pain okay?" He kissed  my forehead and walked by Rosie.
Darren's POV
"Rosie!"I yelled as I ran towards her.
I few pack members were speaking to her so she muttered excuse me and took a few steps towards me .
"Thank you."I mumbled.
"For what?"
"For saving my mate,if it wasn't for you we would have never defeated Jake."
"Someone had to help the pack." She rolled her eyes.
"I know,but I undermined your strength and I'm sorry,I just didn't want to see my baby sister hurt,I bet if mum and dad were here they would be proud of your love for the pack ."
"Awwhhhh" she smiled pulling me in for a hug.
"Okay this is weird..." Said Lucy as she stood there watching the moment with the rest of the pack.
"Lucy! You just ruined the moment." Everyone yelled and started to laugh.
It feels so good to see my pack happy again.
Jennifer walked beside me and I wrapped my arms around her waist.
"I'm never going to let you go now." I whispered in her ear.
"Really....possessive much?" She beautifully giggled.
"That I am..." I smirked.