Chapter 23

Recap
*********
"Alright...I'm sorry but I think the guy was getting scared of you staring at him like that." I laughed earning a slap on my arm.
"Ok..ok I'm sorry.." I said putting my arms in the air in act of surrendering.
"mmmm...let's just get history class over with.." She muttered narrowing her eyes.
I walked into class and realised Darren wasn't here,oh yeah he's got something to sort out,properly coming late as usual.
But Justin wasn't here too,Justin is always in lesson on time.
I have a really bad queazy feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is up...
*******************************
*3 Weeks*
"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Jennifer
Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang in a unison.
I digged a sharp knife into my chocalate filled, vanilla cake, topped with white cream and fresh strawberries.
I carefully walked towards my mum and gave her the first bite of my cake,since she's my mother and she gave birth to me on this day.
"Congratulation sweetheart your finally 18!" Cried my mom in happiness pulling me for a hug.
"Mom...stop crying..." I muttered rubbing her back.
"Alright let's eat the cake!"Said Lucy with a crowd gathered around her.
"Neena this cake taste amazing!" I mumbled with crumbles of cake coming out of my mouth.
"Aha thank you Jen I'm glad you like the cake." She spoke giving me a loose hug with one arm.
I glanced around the room and Darren was no were to be seen.
"Hey Scott!" I yelled running towards him.
"Yeah?" Scott spoke with a mouth full of cake.
"Do you now where Darren is?"
Suddenly he started to tense up.
"Eerr...Scott?You okay?" I mumbled,raising my eyebrows.
"I think he is g-"
"Scott!Danny is calling you!" Shouted Lucy,from the other end of the room.
"Ah bye Jen!" He tapped my head and quickly scurried of.
Please don't tell me Darren isn't here on my 18th Birthday.
"Honey why are you Frowning on your Birthday?" Said my mom stroking my back with a worried expression on her face.
"Darren is not here..." I lowered my gaze with tears forming in my eyes.
"Aaww sweety something important must have came up."
"What can be more important then my 18th Birthday, when i become a young adult "
"Don't worry Jen.Everything happens for the best."
"Yeah you do have a point." I muttered looking at my mom and giving her a confident smile.
*Phone Ringing*
"Oh honey I'll talk to you later enjoy the party." Said my mother pecking my forehead.
I still can't believe Darren isn't here on the day,I become a young adult.
For 3 weeks he has been avoiding me,it's like he doesn't want to be with me anymore,it's like he's found someone else.
"Jen come to the kitchen for a sec!" Yelled my mom .
"Yes mother?" I spoke leaning on the wooden kitchen door.
"Tomorrow I'm going California for 5 weeks,I got really important work there and i have to go." She spoke while drying the dishes.
"What?!Mom I've just turned 18 you can't just go like that!"
"Exactly your 18 now and your allowed to be home alone."
"Come on mother,Pleease?" I pouted,with my hands on my hips.
"Sorry honey I have to go."She frowned, stroking my cheek.
************************************
I was in the living room helping my mother pack up the last luggage, before she leaves this evening.
"There all done." I sighed jumping on to the couch.
"Alright honey I should be leaving now." Spoke my mom picking up her luggage.
"goodbye honey" she pecked my cheek"take care."
I walked behind her towards the front door.
"Oh and do remember if there's an emergency call me."
"Ok bye mom have a nice time." I hugged her tightly.
"Bye sweetie take care." She gave me one last squeeze and ran to her taxi.
I waved goodbye to her, as they drove off onto the road.
I closed the door and ran to my bedroom.
"Looks like it's just me and you." I muttered to myself.
I wiggled into bed and closed my eyes, drifting to sleep.
Suddenly I woke up...
I can hear banging noises coming from downstairs.
Oh sugar!
I forgot to lock up!Wow I'm so clever.(sarcasm)
I quickly grabbed one of my ugly pair of shoes.
Yes I now ugly because, I don't want to waste my favourite shoes on a pathetic person.
I creeped downstairs and realised the front door was open.I peeked outside and nothing was there, so I decided to turn around and go back to bed.
I looked behind and a person dressed in all black,slammed a cloth on my mouth before I can even react.
Slowly my vision started to blur ,I felt so weak I gave into the blackness.
*********************************
Heyoo!!!😘
Sooo long since I updated!!!😱
I know most of you are angry with me,so I'm really sorry.😔
But to make it up to you I'm going to be updating more regularly now since the summer holidays are near.☺️
But....yes another "but"😒
I'm only going to update until I get more then 10 votes and 5 comments.😏
DO FOLLOW ME!😉
Love ya all
Xxsuniibunii01xX❤️