Female!Hades & Male!Demeter & Male!Persephone

Hades and Demeter were arguing. Again.

There wasn't a moment where those two weren't arguing.

Could it be because of Hades' reticence to not accept the critics that Demeter did against his person. Or the fact that Demeter turned everyone around her kind of crazy with her obsession with cereal. Even her own daughter thought it was too much to pressure!

Demeter never lost a chance to say to Hades what did she thought about him. How dark his clothes were. Or how sour his mood was. Or how he had condemned her daughter into the 'hellhole'. Or how petty his realm was.

For the outsiders, it was a wonder that Hades hadn't got into a fight with Demeter about this eons ago. Even Persephone thought so.

"I still can't believe how you convinced her to stay here!!" Demeter used the same old phrase again. Hades simply rubbed his nose's bridge in exasperation "What mind trick you used on her for her to eat those pomegranades?!"

"Demeter, I remind you that you're a guest in this palace..." Hades repeated for what seemed to be the fifth... trillion time "So, if you wanna continue being a guest in this place, I suggest you to keep your accusations to yourself" Hades' warning should had been enough, but Demeter didn't stop there.

"The God of the Underworld..." Demeter had turned to Persephone, who was huffing from her place. She hated being dragged into this arguments, especially by her mother "If you had a goth vibe, you could had gone to Thanatos... I'd allowed that!"

"Mother, we both know pretty well that, if I had chosen Thanatos as my husband, you'd be doing the exact same tantrum..." Persephone pointed out, bored. This arguments gave her severe migranes.

"Well, too bad we could never know that!" Demeter lied smoothly. As far as she was concern, Persephone would had never gotten married with anyone, since she wanted her daughter to be free of the ties of marriage that bonds her into a place, away from her.

"Then, stop saying I could had got someone better, if you can't change the past!" Persephone groaned. It wasn't as she liked or even loved Hades, but she was sick and tired of her mother's opinions and didn't want to hear anything from it again.

"You still have the time!" Demeter pushed Persephone.

"Really?" Persephone replied, sarcastically "Because divorce is really common between gods!!"

"I never mentioned that word" Demeter mumbled, almost to herself. She herself was a free soul, having kids with different mortals every now and then. She was not stranger to cheating.

"Yeah, because you women have the luxury of choosing a partner" Hades butted in, trying to cut the conversation "While us, men, have to choose between you PMS' bodies"

"Hey!!" Persephone complained, screaming at him. Soon, a screaming contest was being held inside the Throne Room of the Underworld. And, so were the changes.

Hades was the first one that noticed the changes on her body. The height changed drastically and so did her arms and legs. The rope suddenly it was too loose for her body and her voice became more flat and less deep. The hair turned more silky and the facial face disappeared. Her chest grew and her hips got more rounded. At the end, she was looking up, instead of down.

Demeter continued to scream, not even bothering to acknowledge the fact that both his body and the bodies of the people he was arguing with were changing gender. He was getting taller, robust. His arms became hairier and his finger got much more bigger than usual. His usual long hair was replaced by something more short, cut as if a wheat cutter had chopped it down. Though unlike the other gods, he hasn't grown a long beard, he did have a little beard, as if he shaved regularly.

Persephone, though was still screaming, was the first one to stop arguing when the changes began. Since normally Hades was taller, that was one of the first things he noticed. His gasp turned in horror when he looked down and saw that his body had acquire more square shape than the curves that represented him. His usual long hair covered in flowers got shorter and insignificantly less vibrant.

"Persephone, tell Hades-" Demeter cut his phrase when took a good look at Persephone's horror face. Immediately, he turned to Hades, who was staring back at him with the same surprise he was feeling. He looked down at himself and gasped "No!! How did this happened?!?!"

"This can't be right..." Hades mumbled to herself "I can't be a girl!! Girls with my attitude turn punk, goth or suicide!!" Persephone stopped his own pity party and stared at her.

"Because, there was a big difference when you were a boy- sorry, a man" Persephone mocked her, earning a chuckle from Demeter.

"Oh, so you think being a man solves all your problems?!" Hades fired at her. Persephone shrugged, smirking slightly "Oh, you do believe so..."

"Just as you believe woman have everything lay down easily" Demeter interrupted their 'almost' argument "We have to work the double than you-"

"And, you think I had it easy?! Than being the God- Goddess of the Underworld was something easy?! Something I enjoy doing?! That I adore being cast out and being the last resource of everyone?! Being pushed and looked down because you believe I have such a horrible job?!" Hades ranted all she hadn't ranted in her life. Somehow, it felt good letting all those things out "I'm tired of being pushed around, Demeter!! You, Zeus, Hera, everyone hates me because I was tricked by the guy we all thought it was gonna be wise and loyal!! I'm tired of being cast away!!" With that final sentence, Hades closed her tantrum and left the Throne Room, completely furious and upset, silence filling the Throne Room between Persephone and Demeter.

That was, until Persephone broke it.

"Do we act like that all the time?"

~oOo~

Question of the Day: which are your plans for this New Year?

Question of the Chapter: do you think their relationship will improve? Or nah?