Chapter 6 - Pranks R Us!

"Who are going to be our victims?" Apollo, or should we say 'Poppy' wondered to Hermes. Actually, she was very insisting on using that name.

The goddesses finally had decided what they were gonna do with their new found bodies and, after some not-so-mild evaluation of them, they decided to use those new skills to the sake of pranks. Of course, Hermes didn't need much convincing in the end. She was a theft, you don't need to convince one to get into places they don't belong.

"I was thinking we should move from smaller targets to the big fish out there..."

"So... that means that Aunt Poseidon is gonna go last?" Hermes wanted to smack her forehead. Did her sister's brain was too burnt from riding that sun chariot already? "I'm teasing you, sheesh!" Poppy defended herself, raising her hands up.

"You seriously worried me for a second there..." Hermes recognized at her "Anyway, I was thinking that we could start with Hebe or Ganymede..."

"Yeah, because getting cursed with immortal youth and love from our same sex is a bad thing..." Poppy rolled her eyes, as if anything of that was relevant.

"Being cursed by Hebe is not as bad as mortals think..." Hermes pointed out "After all, we're immortals. But, Ganymede..."

"Oh, c'mon!" Poppy snapped at him, serious "Are you saying you never had lovers of your same sex?" she asked, incredulous, to Hermes. Hermes replied almost growling at her.

"Think for a second, Poppy" she dragged her name on purpose, mockingly "Now, it doesn't look like a bad thing, but when we reverse... What about our legacy, uh?" That last statement managed to make Poppy think, which for Hermes was an accomplish by itself "If Ganymede pairs us now with males, we have no problems. The problems will start when we can't have kids-"

"Alright, alright!!" Poppy stopped her "I get it, I get it!" Hermes nodded "Then, who?"

"Hermes, you have more than 10,000 missing calls" Martha's gentle voice reminded her, though it was the last thing Hermes wanted to be remember of.

"Keep them missing... We have a target to prank!"

~oOo~

"Are you sure this will work?" Poppy whispered, when she and Hermes were hiding behind a bush to see Hebe's reaction.

"Trust me when I say this!" Hermes insisted, watching. Suddenly, a very young yet handsome boy walked by the path, stopping at the view of a lonely rose spread out on the floor. Frowning and looking around, Hebe must assumed that someone must had lost the flower and he was looking for the owner. When he saw no one, he leaned down to pick it up. What he didn't know was that the flower was on top of a mechanism that would trigger the second the flower was off, almost like those traps on the Indiana Jones movies.

The path began to shake and Hebe turned around to see a gigantic rubble wheel heading his way. Instead of moving out of the way, knowing that the path was wide and the wheel couldn't possibly be following him, Hebe sprinted down the path, screaming his lungs out, as a child, earning the laughs of a hidden Poppy and Hermes, who were simply rolling down the floor.

"Did you see him?!" Poppy managed to ask between laughs, a smirk still playing on her lips "Who's our next target?!"

~oOo~

"One of the things I'll never understand about you is how are you able to have patience for this things..." Poppy pointed out, while watching Hermes laying the prank of Hypnos. This was more of a juvenile prank, pouting cream on Hypnos' hand and waiting for her to scratch her face with her hand "I've seen you delivering and you're the worst at that!"

"Pranks are fun, Poppy..." Hermes acknowledged, finishing by placing a cherry on top of the cream "Though delivering messages is part of who I am, it's the most responsible job I have..." she paused for a second before turning and adding "And you and I know how good I am to procrastinate work"

"I swear you're the best of us at that" Poppy praised her, mockingly, but Hermes didn't care much about that. She was adding the final touches to her stick to be able to poke Hypnos without any troubles. They went to hide behind the bushes and began a long wait of waiting.

Poke to the cheek.

Nothing.

Poke to the cheek again.

Nothing, again.

Poke to the nose.

Scratch to the nose.

"Damn! Too bad it was the other hand!" Hermes complained, huffing a little.

Poke to the cheek, again.

Scratch to the cheek.

"If we could only make her scratch with her other hand..." Poppy sounded frustrated, watching how Hypnos would react... with her other hand, which was nothing funny.

"Patience, padawan..." Poppy stared at Hermes, incredulous.

"Were you watching a marathon on Harrison Ford before you were gender-switched?!" Poppy questioned her, trying to keep her mind off the task. It was obvious that Hypnos was not gonna fall in the trick any time soon.

"No. Though you have to admit he does look good for a 70-year-old man..." Hermes smirked, trying one more time.

Poke to the stomach.

SMACK!

"Bingo!" Poppy whispered/yelled at their hollow and childish success. She high five Hermes' hand before watching a very sleepy Hypnos woke up.

"And, that's our cue, little sister..." Hermes mocked Poppy with the little, before rushing her out of their hiding spot and hearing the scream.

"HERMES!!"

~oOo~

Question of the Day: How do you entertain yourselves without internet? What you guys do?

Question of the Chapter: What other pranks you want Hermes and Poppy to pull? You have ideas? Share!