Chapter 16 - Red As Blood

Artemis was pacing from one side to the other of her temple, not knowing what to think.

He was unsure of what to do, but the last thing he was ever going to do is to ask for help, especially for her help. No, he would rather have thrown into Hades (the place, not the person) and be left there alone!

"No, I won't accept her help..." he muttered to himself, serious. Out of nowhere, Poppy walked into the temple, wearing the most terrifying face he'd ever seen.

"Arty!! Oh, Arty, I need your help!!" Artemis stared at her, half of his brain was mocking his little sister (Oh, I understand now why she uses that phrase so much... But this time, it will mean something cause I was born first!!), while the other was shocked that Poppy was asking help from him.

"Apo- I mean, Poppy, calm down!" he corrected himself, when he saw the murderous look she was throwing at him "What's that that got your panties in a twist?" Apparently, that wasn't the choice of words Poppy would had chosen, because that only made her look more murderous and she began to scream.

"From all the phrases in the world, you had to pick that one?!" Poppy's tantrums was not something Olympus hadn't seen before, but it was the first time they should be feared "I can't believe that I, goddess of medicine, can't get rid of this!!"

"Er... What are you talking about?" Artemis assumed that was safe to ask, though Poppy didn't seem to think so.

"What am I talking about? What am I talking about??" she repeated, looking more and more out of herself. Artemis began to worry, for himself and for his sister "Let me tell you what is going on with a haiku..." Artemis' eyes opened wide and began to shake his head.

"Oh, no. No, Poppy, that's not nece-"

"No more moves to make / Pink Screen of failure flashes / I hate Candy Crush" Poppy interrupted him, moving her hands around and holding her stomach. Though the poem was bad itself, Artemis couldn't realise what was the poem about "PMS is like / Bum friend that shows up and eats / All your good cookies"

"What-?"

"Perimenopause / Fancy word for PMS / Death would be better" Poppy growled, before grabbing her lower stomach in pain. Immediately, Artemis chuckled at his sister's suffering "You think this is funny, Artemis?!" Yes, I believe is freaking hilarious, dear sister...

"Oh, Poppy..." Artemis waved his hand at her, dismissing her anger as if it was nothing "That is just a little pain-"

"A. Little. Pain?!" Poppy roared at him, ready to strangle him. Artemis rolled his eyes, thinking how fair was justice and that she owed one to Hecate and ___ "This is not just a little pain!! This is similar to be inside one of Hephaestus' volcanos!!"

"Can you not overreact?" Artemis stopped her, serious "You better get used to it, because normally, it lasts between five and seven days-"

"wHAT??"

"-each month" Artemis continued, as if she didn't interrupted him. Suddenly, a thought came to him, thinking about his latest problem "Of course, there are tricks to ease it..."

"Artemis, you better tell me now, or I'll... I'll..."

"You'll what, Poppy?" Artemis smirked at her "Your haikus can't get worst and if you don't do something about your pains, it'll only get worst" Poppy paled at the prospect of feeling even worst "So, I want you to propose a deal?"

"Cramps of pain below / Prays for sweet release of death / Or a nice back-rub" Poppy apparently was having a haiku moment, was it good or bad was debatable "Please, Artemis..."

"I'll give you some tips to help you if you... If you..." Artemis took a deep breath and faced his sister "You have to swear never to talk this to anyone!"

"On the Styx!" Poppy promised, followed by the usual thunder "Signs of PMS / Mom's head in freezer loving / On Ben and Jerry"

"Alright..." Artemis sighed and made Poppy sit next to him, before turning serious "I, um... I've been having thoughts about, well... girls. And, before you start pointing out stupid stuff, no, are not the usual thoughts about the Hunt... I more like... Well, like you" he gestured to her, leaving his sister speechless and mouth-opened.

"You- but- can't-" Poppy stuttered, gesturing between him and whatever that was outside, really confused "Are you sure?" she ended up, whispering, forgetting about her pains for a second and placing her hands on top of his.

"No, of course not!" he protested, getting up and pacing again "First of all, I don't wanna turn into those boys that hurt my Hunters, but this girl..."

"Wait, hold up!" Poppy got up as well, serious "Are you really considering breaking your oath for something you know could not last, especially when you know Athena and Hecate are close to find the solution?" When Artemis gave her a move of his head, Poppy's face broke in a grin "I thought I'd never be alive to see this day!!" Poppy sobbed in happiness, surprising Artemis, especially when she engulfed him in a hug.

"Poppy, I'd be breaking my oath!! And, I can't be like you!!" he argued, looking horrified and disgust. Poppy rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Arty, you're not Artemis right now, which you wouldn't be doing so..." Poppy reasoned "And, if you're afraid about the girl's reaction, tell her about it and then, take her with you to the Hunt..."

"But..."

"Oh, Gods! You're the more stiff about the rules than Athena! Even he bended the rules to have kids!" Poppy groaned, rubbing her head. All the hormonal and mood changes was bothering her. Before Artemis could reply, Hermes poked her head inside.

"Hey, Poppy? What's up?"

"You ask, "How are you?" / I consider many lies / Then I slit your throat"

~oOo~

Question of the Day: more like 'go check Kelly Konrad, aka "LitzyDitz"', blogger who wrote down these haikus!!

Question of the Chapter: What you think Artemis' decision should be?