Chapter 32 - Swap: Artemis & Apollo

"Next time you want to ramble about your former lovers, do me the favor of walking away or shut up!!" Artie was screaming at the top of his lungs to Poppy, who still her mouth missing. Thalia and the Hunters quickly aided Ginny, though a few of them were standing next to Poppy as support "She is not like the rest of the Hunters!" Poppy moved her frown up and down, narrowing her eyes or opening them, but she wasn't making a lot of sense "What?!"

"Um, Artie... You should give her her mouth back..." Thalia suggested at him, trying to play pacifier. The Hunter knew that her Lord was upset and angry, but he was wasting energy screaming at someone who he couldn't attack back. Artie frowned, but complied, waving his hand and Poppy's mouth appeared again.

"That was horrible!!" Poppy complained, almost shrieking "Di you have any idea what it's not to be able to talk?!" The Hunters that were surrounding her quickly comforted her, but that was the last straw for Artie. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Leave us. Now!!" It was obvious to everyone that Artie was beyond angry, but the Hunters weren't gonna back down from a male like that. Their Lady would be very much upset. Luckily, Thalia was in charge.

"You heard the man, ladies! To your tents!!" she ordered, shooing all the girls away, who were walking away, muttering and whining in protest. However, Thalia allowed Artie to check Ginny, before she walked away, leaving the two immortal siblings and the one mortal alone. Poppy knew that engaging a conversation with Artie could be leading to a catastrophic result, which is why, for the first time since they were born, she kept her mouth shut.

"I'm tired of your constant whining, Apollo. I'm tired that you think so low of me in my face, yet you 'support' me when I'm not around. I'm tired that you think you can get away with everything, even lying to my Hunters!" Artie spatted at her, his voice not above a whisper, her eyes never leaving the sleeping Ginny "What do you think will be their reactions when they realize they shared a tent with a flirting and playboy male?!" she continued and Poppy realized her future could be much darker.

"Artie, I-"

"Don't 'Artie' me, Apollo" he stopped her, finally looking up "You have to learn your actions carry consequences and you can't flaunt your god nature around like that! Mother won't be around forever to ease your punishments!"

"I- yeah, you're right..." she admitted, slumping down her shoulders and sitting on the floor "I just wanted to enjoy, understand what it's that women think about guys... I wanted to have something more, but I guess I'm stuck in my ways..." Artie sighed and nodded in acknowledgement "You think she'll stick around?" Artie knew Poppy was diverting the subject, but he had no objection about it.

"I hope so... Only Hecate knows when we're going back to our old selves and I don't want her thinking so badly of me..." Artie confessed, while her sister placed a hand on his shoulder in understanding.

"Don't worry... He'll find a way..." In that moment, two things happened at the same time.

One, Ginny started to wake up.

Two, both Artemis and Apollo began to change.

Ginny had to blink her eyes several times to understand what she was seeing. One moment she was being held by Artie, her head on his lap. The next moment, he was having his face change and looking more feminine, before blinking again and finding herself on the lap of another girl, who was looking at her with concern and longing.

The girl in question had long auburn hair, that cascaded from her shoulders. Her face was defined and a little edgy, with several specks and freckles around the nose and the higher cheeks. Her arms were slim, but were strong and she felt strangely protected and secure. She was wearing some clothes that were bigger on her, but made her stand out anyway. Her eyes were silver, the only similarity between her and Artie.

Next to the girl that was holding her was a guy, probably of the same age. She could make out that they were related, because the guy had the same hair color and the same freckles over his nose. Of course, his hair was more short and nicely combed. His clothes were a little tighter around his body, which Ginny found kind of disturbing. She hated when guys acted like peacocks.

"Ginny? Ginny, can you hear me, are you OK?" the girl asked her, concern. Before Ginny could even think of replying, the guy kneeled next to them and started to check around her face and eyes.

"Relax, I'm a doctor..." he assured her, checking her for a few more minutes "She'll be fine... Just need rest and not so many surprises... Though, I found that very hard to fulfill right now..." the girl who was holding Ginny raised an eyebrow, making a nonverbal question, before she gasped in shock.

"You're back!" the girl pointed out, which was only making Ginny frown more in confusion "Oh, sorry, I guess that we need to talk... Last thing we need is to pass out again..." the girl noticed her and turned to her, helping her to sit up on the grass.

"I was with a boy... His name is Artie, have you seen him? Is he in troubles?" Ginny found herself asking, even though she saw him do something very stange. The guy smiled and shared a look with the girl, who was looking a little worry and hopeful.

"No, he's not in troubles... Nor he ran away" he added at the end, still smiling "By the way, I think I should go talk to the girls..." the guy stood up and walked away from the pair of girls.

"Ginny, there's something I need to tell you and I hope you can listen until the end before asking question...?"

"OK...?"

"I'm Artie"

~oOo~

Question of the Day: no question that you'd like... How was going back to school/college/university?

Question of the Chapter: How should Ginny should react to Artemis' confession? How should the Hunters react to Apollo's? Which next couple you want to see swap their genders?