Chapter 31 - Swap: Poseidon & Amphitrite

Poseidon could feel the frustration building up in Amphitrite's frown.

She was on a mission to make the resident 'King' to bear more comfortable his new work place. She wanted to give him a hand as well, as she knew how to deal with most of the situations and that would probably had resolved them by now, but the laws were strict in that sense, so she had to take a step back.

That didn't mean that she couldn't help him to relax a little.

She walked into the throne room, to find the very common and usual vision the King being almost buried in papers and petitions, along with advisers and people constantly whispering and saying stuff in his ears. Poseidon recognized the look on Amphitrite and decided to save him.

"My Lord, could I speak for you for a moment? In private?" she asked, trying to make the amount of advisers to disappear for a few hours. Several of the advisers looked had been trampled by her instead of just asking a simple question, but as the King did only nod in acknowledgement, they had to leave the room and return later for more advise.

"What would you like to discuss, Poseidon?" he wondered, still with his head buried on the papers, not even looking up. Poseidon was having none of that and forced him to look up at her, while sitting on the edge of the table and her hand under his chin.

"Nothing. I said those things so you could have a few quiet moments..." she smiled at him. Amphitrite smiled back at him and released a sigh she didn't know he was holding.

"Thank the Gods! I think I was drowning on their advises!" he celebrated his newly found freedom by tossing the papers to the floor and twirling around, while Poseidon watched him from her spot on the table, smirking "You don't happen to have another plan to forget this insane work?"

"Actually, I do. Thanks for asking" she mocked him, before grabbing his hand and guiding him outside the room. No one would dare to interrupt them, and if they did, it was not gonna be pretty! Poseidon guided him outside the room and outside the palace, making Amphitrite frown in curiosity as to what Poseidon had planned for him. She was no brainiac but she had interesting ideas from time to time... "You have to close your eyes"

"Why...?" Amphitrite raised an eyebrow, questioningly, but Poseidon kept smirking at him.

"Close your eyes or you won't see the surprise..." she warned him, not losing her smirk. Amphitrite huffed but accepted, closing his eyes. Unknown to him, Poseidon waved her hand in front of him, just to make sure that he wasn't peeking. Satisfied, she guided him a few more feet until she decided it was far enough "Ta Da! Open your eyes!" Amphitrite did so and what he saw was a really surprise.

They were in some kind of underwater meadow, peaceful and quiet, with a big seaweed tree that could act like a tree to give shadow on the surfice. Under that improvised seaweed tree (which Amphitrite was sure Poseidon created with this only situation in mind) there was a basket and a cloth, with one intended purpose.

"A picnic?" he checked, before turning to see his wife, who was showing a concern look. He knew she was afraid that he wouldn't like it and end up screaming at her face, but it was not the case "Thanks! It was just what I needed!" he thanked her, before sitting down on the cloth. Poseidon, more relaxed, laid down with him, while opening the basket.

It was one of the few times that Amphitrite could recall him and Poseidon having fun. They chatted, they ate and they enjoyed the silence and each other's company. After a while, tiredness caught up with them and they decided to relax and take a nap, Poseidon leaning against the improvised seaweed tree, while Amphitrite had his head laying across her lap.

They were fast asleep when the changes began to happen. Amphitrite's body turned more slimmer than before, the clothes now being a little bigger for the new figure. The long hair that he had kept on a ponytail to avoid any bothering, was loose once again and sprawled around Poseidon's lap, with no care in the world.

Poseidon's slimmer figure became more bulky and defined, as her muscles become fuller. Her clean face was covered once again with facial hair and her long hair was replaced with a short one, curly and grey. His now, female clothes were more restrive, as they were short and tiny and exposed a little more than before.

No one found them until several hours later, when they returned, hand in hand, sporting shy smiles on their faces.

No one even dared to ask what had happen.

~oOo~

Question of the Day: September is here! What's your September's goal?

Question of the Chapter: Poseidon and Amphitrite done! Who you wanna see next?