Chapter 33 - Swap: Hecate, Athena & Ares

"Sooo..." Hecate started, almost shifting his weight from one leg to the other, even though he was seated "You never told me why you had that sour mood when you came back..." he tried to make a light conversation while waiting for the potion to work. What he didn't expect was the growling that came from Athena's throat.

"That falls into the category of 'it's not your business', Hecate" Athena cut him before he could even keep asking, but Hecate wasn't going to give up that easily, more now than he was being defensive about it.

"Athena, obviously something is troubling you, as you never act this way..."

"Which way am I acting?"

"Well, you're being distant, secretive and, frankly, you'd been snarky since you've came back from the arena" Hecate pondered, without looking at Athena, who was a tad pale "Something must had happened there for you to start behaving like you have a secret..." Athena snorted and realized that a good defense was a better offense.

"And, pray tell me, which kind of secret would I be keeping?"

"That's the point! That I can't figure it out!" Hecate pointed out, making Athena smirk innerly "I mean, it can't be a bad secret, but it's a secret nonetheless and, as much as it pains all the gossiping immortals, you're allow to keep them..."

"That's very mature of you, Hecate" It was time for Hecate to snort.

"What I was before? An immature?"

Their conversation was interrupted by the cauldron in front of them by glowing and shinning. It was obvious that the mix was working for something, they didn't know yet if it was working as it should be or working against their desires. That last reason made Athena wondered what had happened down at the Arena.

It had been awkward to say the least. And unexpected, as he wasn't even considering that come out neither for the battle or for everything else, honestly. But, one thing it was sure, that if he didn't fix the mess inside his brain, he would regret it for a long time. Watching how Hecate was fascinated by the glowing potion (Athena was betting on Hecate wishing and praying that his potion worked this time), he slipped away, back to the Arena, ignoring one tiny detail.

They were all swapping back.

Hecate immediately squeaked in satisfaction when he noticed the changes happen to his body. The first change was his waist being slimmer than before, a change he approved wholeheartedly. He didn't like his previous waist. Then, his arms and legs became less muscly and hairy, turning them back to the silky version of herself. Squealing, she conjured a mirror to see her face, that had lost all the facial hair and her hair was back into her loved braid, cascading down her shoulders. The only problem was that the clothes she was wearing were male and a little loose for her new body.

She turned around to celebrate with Athena, when she realized something.

She was alone.

Athena, on the other hand, had ran from the room before even realizing that the swap was taking place. He didn't notice how his steps were becoming more and more short or that he was making more effort to get to the arena. He also ignored the constant flapping of her now long hair behind her and that her previous make clothes were hanging from her now petite shoulders or that her belt was hanging and moving loosely against her hips.

She found Ares in the same place that she left him. Though, she noticed that he was, well... a he. He had recovered all his muscles, something that he was always proud about it and bragging. His clothes were a bit tight and helped to define the before mentioned mucles, which made Athena held her breath. His face was without any beard or mustache, which was unusual, considering Ares was all for showing how male a male can be, not caring how redundant that sounded. His hair was short now and pulled back, combed.

"You're still here..." Athena, surprised him, turning around to see her "And, you're you again..."

"You're also you again..." Ares added, his face not showing any emotions whatsoever. Athena nodded and walked slowly towards him "Why you're back here? I thought it would be pretty awkward for you to be around me anytime soon..."

"I planned on" she admitted to him "But Hecate pointed out that I was not acting like myself and I came back here to remedy that situation..."

"How do you plan to remedy that situation? What's done is done" he emphasized, finally showing some emotion on his face. Athena nodded again, sitting down next to him.

"I think we should talk about what we want from this..."

"Would it sound crazy to say that I want to find out?"

"No more than hear me say that I'm up to that..."

"How do you want to do this...?"

"Well, away from indiscreet ears would be a start..."

"Things don't stay quiet around here often..."

"Then, we'll make through" Athena smiled at Ares, who smirked and chuckled, before allowing her to rest her head on his shoulder.

Boy, this was gonna be hard...

~oOo~

Question of the Day: Once this story is over, which other one would you like for me to continue?

Question of the Chapter: How do you think this relationship will evolve? Which god/goddess you wanna see next?