Chapter 24 - Seconds Plans

Why I have the feeling that this was a bad idea...?

That was what Artemis wondered inside his head, sat at a coffee table located inside the store, while looking around the place. He had agreed to meet the girl he was kind-of-obsess-with, Ginny, to figure out what the heck did he felt about her or about the whole situation in general. He was all prepared and even made a set up situation, in case things went wrong.

No! he scolded himself mentally. This weren't the moments for negative thoughts. Bad enough were the idea of leaving Poppy alone, without supervision with his Hunters. Who knows what would she be doing with the Hunters? What things would she be telling them? The mere thought of it made him insane and paranoid.

"Would you please, relax?" Thalia's voice came from behind him, as she was sat behind him. That was his contingence plan "You're moving your chair and, by domino effect, mine" she scolded him, hissing.

"I've never been so nervous before... What if things go wrong here...?" he babbled, making evident how nervous he was.

"Wow, wow, wow! Too much nervousness in that body!" Thalia mocked him, sipping a little of her coffee. Right before she turned around, she saw a girl walking in, looking around as if she was looking for someone "You better seal that nervousness inside, because your girl is already here..." Artemis turned around quickly, hurting his neck in the process.

"Damn it!" he complained loudly, making Ginny look in his direction. He smiled shyly at her when she saw him and walked in his direction "H-hi..."

"Hi..." she greeted him back, sitting down in front of him "I'm not gonna lie, I think you were going to disappear after the last time I saw you in jail... You know, male ego wounded and everything..." she explained, trying to sound normal. But Artemis didn't notice any difference.

"Yeah, well... I'm not like that..." Artemis admitted, playing a little with his cup "Th-Thanks for coming... I was sure that you wouldn't want to see me again or what... I didn't cause a good impression on you"

"Well, to be honest, it was a better impression than many I got before you..." Ginny chuckled, before she noticed Thalia seated behind Artemis and she got more stiff "Or the looks that other people would give around..."

"Wha- What you mean...?" Artemis looked at her, worry that something had upset her. When his eyes placed on Thalia, he understood a little "You- you don't have to worry about her..."

"Why you say so-?" Before she could finish her sentence, Artemis had tapped on Thalia's shoulder.

"Ginny, this is Thalia, my little sister" Artemis introduced Thalia to Ginny. The first one had a face of shock, as she wasn't prepared for something like this to happen, while the second one had a relief expression on hers. Thalia smiled at Ginny, pulling her hand out "I begged her to come with me today... Just in case I screw up..."

"You know how boys can screw up without knowing or wanting to screw up..." Thalia covered for him, earning a little glare from him, but she ignored it. Ginny shook Thalia's hand with more enthusiasm than before being introduced to her.

"I wish I could say I know the feeling, but I am an only child..." Artemis noticed that the way she mentioned that wasn't very happy "And, my Dad- stepdad, actually, well..."

"You don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to..." Artemis stopped her, holding her hand immediately. Thalia noticed this gesture and kept silent about it.

"Thank you" Ginny thanked him, sighing "I guess that explains a lot..." she squeezed his hand back.

"Explains what?"

"Like why I'm always attract to guys who always get into troubles..."

"Oh, no! Arty here doesn't get in troubles!" Thalia butted in, ruffling Artemis' ahir, who looked shocked and surprised in that reaction "He's more of a... trouble solver, if you will"

"Thank you, Thalia. I think I can handle it from now on..." Artemis insisted to her, making her smirk.

"Whatever you say, big brother... It was nice to meet you, Ginny... I hope we can see each other again..." Thalia told Ginny, before grabbing her coffee and leaving the store, smirking at them.

"Nice meeting you too..." she replied back, watching her leave "Your sister is nice..."

"I am... so sorry that you had to hear that" Artemis apologized, leaning his head over the table and banging it against it. Ginny chuckled and stopped him from making more damage to himself "That was embarrassing"

"I understand and it was kind of cute what she did... I wouldn't do it..." Ginny confessed, giggling "Wanna go out for a walk? We can take our coffee with us..." she suggested, shrugging. Artemis nodded and grabbed his coffee, getting up.

"Gods, I forgot to order for you!" he realized late. Ginny chuckled and grabbed his hands, gently.

"I don't like coffee anyway..." she shrugged, guiding him outside. Artemis followed her, trying to understand better his feelings towards this girl. The feelings were there and the urges to hug her next to him were bigger than usual. He didn't fight it this time and wrapped his arm around her petite figure and pulled her closer to him "I was wishing you would do that..."

"Well, you need to tell me next time... I'm slightly clueless in all this dating stuff..." Ginny laughed and got closer to him.

He was just going to enjoy the moment before things got serious.

~oOo~

Question of the Day: None. Use your energies to pray for the people in Ibiza and their families... Actually, use it to pray for the World #NoMoreViolence

Question of the Chapter: you guys want them to end together? Or just join the Hunt?