Chapter 9 - Final Day

After several days of hard work and dedicated training, there was only one day till the tournament. With the mysterious Team Shadow almost literally staying in the shadows, no one was able to understand their motives. But, all would become clear for Ash and co fairly soon.

"Ash, look!" Serena waved as everyone gather around, although she only called Ash. "The rules have been displayed all over Kanto"

Ash walked over and he and Pikachu carefully inspected the rules.

The rules for the Pokemon Battle Tournament are as follows:

1. 6 Pokemon are required for both qualifying and final rounds.

2. You must attend your battle without fail, there are no warnings or redo's. If one trainer is not present at the time of their battle, they are automatically disqualified. The same applies for all qualifying events.

"Rule 2 suggests we won't just be battling" Clemont analysed the rules and everyone else peered at the second one.

"You're right," Brock said, scratching his chin. "Maybe there will be various events to quickly thin out the numbers. There must be hundreds of competitors but an average tournament should have around 32 or maybe 64"

Everyone turned back to the rules.

3. A battle ends once all Pokemon are unable to battle. Even if a Pokemon is badly poisoned or needs medical attention, the fight must continue regardless of the circumstances.

4. If a trainer does not have six Pokemon by the starting point, they will receive a warning and will need six the day after, otherwise, they are disqualified.

5. Anyone from the members of all elite four's and champions are not allowed to compete. Gym leaders from all regions can compete in the tournament.

6. Have fun and be at your best for our tournament!

NOTE: the qualifying events may contain danger and/or life threatening situations. By signing up to our tournament, you automatically agree that any injuries are your responsibility and the health of your Pokemon is also your responsibility.

------------

After reading the rules, everyone took a few steps back.

"Seems a little harsh, rule 3" May moaned slightly. Everyone thought about it again.

"It is kind of a balanced rule" Cilan finally decided on what to say. "It makes battles end there and then because they have to thin out numbers as Brock said. If the Pokemon needed medical attention then the match would end, but this tournament requires that all six Pokemon are unable to battle. It can technically still battle, but it is nearly impossible"

"Still harsh" May pouted, folding her arms.

"Also, it is unbalanced because people can abuse sleeping powder and poison stings, things that have mostly everlasting effects on their opponents Pokemon"

"Maybe we need some plans to counter them" Misty suggested.

"Well, in Ash's second gym battle in Kalos, he had Pikachu thunderbolt himself just before the sleeping powder had any effect, which kept him awake" Serena reminisced, remembering the battle she had watched.

"Wow, really?" Dawn said, impressed.

"Hi, guys!" Miette skipped over, seemingly really happy.

"Oh, hi Miette" Serena returned a friendly smile as Miette skipped past.

"I came to read the rules.." she paused as she bent down to read the sign.

"That reminds me, I need some more Pokemon..." Serena moaned, wondering what to do.