Chapter 14 - Cilan's Fighting Spirit

"It looks like you are fighting a losing battle, friend of Ash" Parker was just a step behind the twins, his Umbreon obediently standing by his side.

"As long as I fight to the end and never give up I can be happy. That's what Ash would do" Cilan replied, with a shout.

"Oh yes, that poor Ash. He tried to do just that but we beat him pretty easily. He is much stronger than you so this shouldn't take long" Parker nonchalantly retorted. He sat down on the floor and put a hand on his chin, resting his arm on his knee and extended it upwards to his chin. "Now, entertain me"

"Now, Absol, use hyper beam on Pansage's trainer!" Jake suddenly blurted out, completely shocking Cilan. His eyes widened as the words echoed through his ears. Cilan felt like he was falling into a black hole, completely frozen and helpless. 

He is aiming for me? But why? I can't seem to move... Cilan thought, staring as the Absol before him charged up its hyper beam and prepared to fire. Pansage too was frozen to the spot, but there was one person still here that could help. Cilan felt a shoulder ram into his stomach as he was speared to the ground. He looked up, seeing Gary holding onto him as they rolled away from the hyper beam. The beam exploded onto the ground and caused an even bigger explosion, still hitting Gary and Cilan somewhat. Pansage looked at the smoke with worry, due to the fact that his trainer wasn't in view.

"Pan?" Pansage tilted his head slightly, waiting for the smoke to clear. As it did, Gary was just getting up and Cilan followed suit. They was both covered in scrapes and scratches and Gary had a big cut across his head, blood seeping out of the wound. 

Cilan tried to open his mouth to speak, but he couldn't. He brushed of his clothes and looked at the hurt Gary, who smirked at him. "Give em' hell, for me and for Ash" 

Cilan's face turned into one full of confidence and he nodded. "Will do. You better get Umbreon to the Pokemon Center, fast"

"Goodluck!" Gary said, returning his Umbreon. He rushed off in the opposite direction, heading for the Pokemon Center.

"Now, lets do this Pansage" Cilan stepped back up to face the two Absols, one still being mega evolved. 

"Pan!" Pansage clenched his fists and got ready to fight.

"Ok, bullet seed across the ground!" Cilan instantly started the battle and Pansage executed his command with amazing speed, faster than he had ever done it before. Pansage was just a blur as he jumped into the air, no one could even see him preparing the bullet seed, it just escaped from his mouth like a machine gun, tearing up the field and creating alot of smoke. "Good, this will buy us a little time"

Pansage and Cilan stood and watched as the smoke slowly began to clear. As soon as it did, there was no one in sight. 

"You think a little bit of smoke can help you?" Parker's voice rang out around the field. Cilan turned around constantly, not seeing anyone. 

"Absol use giga impact!" Tristan and Jake were suddenly behind Cilan, like they was always meant to be there. Mega Absol stomped on the ground with force and everything went silent for a moment. Then, an explosive boom echoed through the field as a beam shot down from the sky, smashing into Pansage and Cilan. The explosion was really strong, but Cilan held his ground.

I must not give up. Aslong as I am standing, this isn't over! He kept on telling himself, searching for Pansage. Pansage had the same attitude, he was still standing tall, taking the hit head on.

"Oh, so your Pansage is strong, huh?" Tristan folded his arms, slightly impressed. "This is going to make for a fun battle"

"Well, looks like we are going to have to cut it short, Umbreon, hypnosis!" Parker was now on the other side of Cilan, surrounding him. But, Cilan was prepared. He span around and gestured to Pansage.