<1> Wounded

Sam^

Sighing, I stare out the window at the trees passing by. The car seemed to be moving in slow motion, probably caused by the excruciating pain running through my leg.

The asshole driving this vehicle decided to take my brother and almost bite my leg off after murdering my whole pack including my mother right before my eyes.

I feel bad for Hayden. He's mated to the asshole.

The drive was silent until the soft snore of Hayden filled the car.

I rolled my eyes and smiled softly. He can always fall asleep easily and sleep all day. The man, Ajax, drove silently. There was no need to start conversation.

Eventually the car came to a stop in front of a large house. Ajax got out and walked over to Hayden's side. I started to get out but Ajax stopped me.

"I'll call someone to help you to the hospital ward."

After a few minutes, I start to smell something. It captured my senses into a binding spell and I seemed to not get enough of it. I inhale, trying to get more. That's when I see him.

He was talking to a girl while messing with his blonde hair which stood perfectly in mixed strands of golden brown and bright yellow. A shadow of scruff grazed his cheeks, making his red lips stand out. His blue eyes glittered in the moonlight.

His eyes found mine and he stood frozen for a second before walking closer, his body tensed and relaxed as he moved in his sweat covered body.

"I need you to carry him to the hospital ward. He needs medical attention." Ajax said to the stunning man, making me pull my attention away from the man and to Ajax.

"Yes alpha. But uh... Maybe someone else could? I have something to do..." The man with the sweet smell replied,'eyeing me wearily.

"I need you to help him. End of discussion."

The man pursed his lips then ran a hand through his hair. I watched his muscles as he moved.

He glanced over at me and sighed. I attempted standing up, tilting and almost falling over. My hands gripped his forearm for stability.

He began helping me to a side of the large brick building. Lush grass that casually poked up at the sky covered the land before it.

"I am not gay. You are not my mate." He growled in a low voice.

My wolf whimpered but I knew this wasn't a full rejection. He'd never tried anything other than what he thought was right so he was new to this.

I looked down at the ground as we walked.

He opened the door for me and helped me inside the building.

A doctor rushed to us.

"Ajax brought him." My mate's voice was music to my ears.

"Thanks Dante, how is he?" The doctor asked.

"I can speak, you know!" I snapped and they turned and glared at me. I glared back, using my alpha aura.

"You're an alpha?" He asked, his mouth agape in shock.

"I was, until your alpha killed my pack. All of us except for my brother and I." I growled and Dante dropped his head. The doctor smirked at the two of us and I turned my glare on him.

He dropped his smirk and pointed to a room.

"You can put him in there." The man in scrubs scratched the back of his neck as he spoke.