<17> I Can't Sleep

I entered the hotel room swiftly and quietly, trying not to wake the sleeping occupant of the room.

When a bedside lamp flickered on, I jumped.

Dante sat on the bed with his arms crossed, purple bags dipped under his eyes.

"H-hey, Dante."

"One, where the fuck is Ivory and two, why the fuck were you with that guy?" He all but snarled.

"Umm... I don't know where Ivory is. I kinda got drunk and left the club... And I was with him because.... Yeah, I don't have a reason." I didn't have to give him an explanation but I felt he deserved one. It's not going to stop me from fucking other guys this trip. It's what I came for anyways.

Dante muscles tensed and he ran a tired and over his face.

"I can't sleep."

"Why not?"

"My chest hurts. It feels like someone stabbed their fingers into my chest, gripped my heart, and began pulling it out."

My heart sunk. I knew that feeling.

"Yeah." I replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Can you lay with me?" He asked. It was his wolf speaking, I could tell since my wolf was clawing at the back of my skull.

"Sure." I shrugged. I pulled off my shirt and pants.

"W-what are you doing?" He asked. The soft light cast a shadow on his red face.

"I'm going to shift. If you shift, I'm sure it would be more pleasant."

Dante nodded and pulled down his shorts. He wasn't wearing any underwear so I got to take in his full glory.

I turned and pulled down my black briefs then shifted. Dante had shifted into a sandy blonde wolf, adorable. His size was rather big, considering he was a beta but I was bigger, being an alpha. My dark brown fur slinked back as I jumped onto the bed.

He curled up on the bed and I curled around him, resting my head over the curve of his back.

His breathing eventually evened out and my eyes drooped closed. Somehow, I'd fallen asleep.

(Sorry for the sudden/ in the middle of the chapter POV change but...)

Ivory's POV

I followed Adriano out of his play room and to his car where we exchanged numbers, since we never had time to do that in his room.

"I hope this will happen again, mon amour.(my love)"

"What?" I slurred from exhaustion.

"I hope we can meet again."

"Me too." I have him a small smile.

"Actually," I started," do you mind if I stay at your place tonight and you can drop me off at the hotel in the morning. Then you can show me some place for lunch and we can walk on the beach?"

Adriano chuckled while opening his car door.

"That is fine. You're welcome to stay at my place for as long as you would like. Ma maison est ta maison." (My house is your house)

(I'm so sorry for the French. If it's wrong, feel free to correct me. I don't know French and I'm using google translate. I know, I'm awful. But... On with the story!)

A blush formed across my face as I got into his large black suburban. Why did he need such a car anyways? Maybe big cars show dominance. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a big dog as well.