<49> Don't Cry

A/N: HA HA I cheated you out of the sex!

Dante grumbled absentmindedly as he folded his clothes. I had done laundry and left the clean clothes for him to fold. He has to do something.

I watched as he moved around the room, folding and putting away laundry.

My lips twirled up into a smirk.

I was lying on the bed, my head propped up on my arms, watching him.

"Could you not just sit there and maybe help me?" Dante looked at me, putting a hand on his hip with attitude.

"Hey! I washed the clothes, you fold them." I explained.

"You put the clothes in a laundry machine! That's not the same effort as folding them."

I rolled my eyes.

"Mhmm. I told you that you were going to have to do it." I shrugged.

Dante sighed then turned back to his chore.

A few minutes later, a knock resonated through the room.

"Come in." I called out.

The door opened before Henry stepped in.

He closed the door behind him and blushed.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" I asked. He looked up from the ground to look at me.

"I just wanted to thank you. You've done so much for me, giving me another chance." His voice quivered as if he would begin to cry.

"Henry, shit, don't cry. I can't handle when people cry." I groaned, sliding off the bed. Dante turned and moved to hug him.

God this kid will be the death of me. He's strong but he's been through rough times.

I could only imagine what it's like being told that your mate hates you and getting kicked out of a pack at sixteen.

Henry never shed one tear, only clung to Dante like his life depended on it.

One Dante pulled away, Henry shook his body then straightened his back.

"I just came to say thank you. I suppose on the rest of the pack's behalf as well." He chuckled.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about anything else?" Dante asked, looking down at the small boy.

"N-no..."

He was lying. He wanted to talk about something but I'm not sure what.

"You're lying, Henry. You can talk to me about anything." My mate reassured him.

"What if Christian comes to get me? What if he says he wants me? H-he's bad." Henry shook his head, his muscles quivering.

"We won't let that happen. You're family now." Dante reassured the boy.

The small boy's hands gripped Dante's arm so hard it was probably bruising.

"P-promise?"

"We promise." Dante and I replied at the same time.

He looked up at me, his eyes full of tears but still, not a single tear had been shed.

He hugged Dante one more time before hugging me as well, which it surprising. He hasn't ever really made much skin contact with hardly anyone, only Dante.

I put both my hands on the side of his face tilted his head so he would look at me.

"Hey, look. You're so strong. Much stronger than me, much stronger than over half the pack. You're the strongest boy I know, Henry. It's not your fault that your mate deserted you and left you to die. But he did and you lived. Check that as 1-Henry, 0-Christian." I hugged him one last time before releasing him.

He smiled at me before leaving the room.

As the door closed, Dante looked at me.

He moved close to me. I sat down before he straddled my lap.

"I love you, Sammy." He said before pressing his lips to mine.

I kissed him back softly, pulling away when I wanted to talk.

"God damn, Dante, I love you too." I groaned.

He smiled against my lips before kissing me again.

"When you get finished with the laundry, I figured I'd take a few pack members to the new pack house, how does that sound?"

"Sounds good, except folding laundry."

"Better get to it!" I smacked his ass.

Dante jumped before muttering under his breath.

He went back to folding clothes and putting them away. After about fifteen minutes, he finished.

"Thank the lord! I'm done!" He yelled.

I chuckled at him and motioned for him to follow me.

We walked the halls, welcoming people to join us on our visitation. Eventually, we had a following of about seventy five people.

Dante and I led the way towards my new pack house.