<24> Tears

When we reached the office we were a few minutes late but I didn't care, the man wasn't my alpha.

"Dante, why are you late?" Ajax asks.

"I lost track of time. Sorry alpha." Dante stood proudly next to me, chest puffed out. It was cute.

Hayden, Staci, and Mike were scattered throughout the small room. Hayden was seated on the alpha's desk. Staci and Mike sat together in a small sofa to the side of the room. Staci glared at me when I walked in but I didn't care.

My hand reached behind Dante and I pulled him to my side protectively.

He looked up at me and I smiled. He smiled back then listened to the meeting.

"Sam, I'd like it if you stayed here and looked after the pack. I know you're worthy of being an alpha and I trust you to take care of my people while I'm gone." Ajax looked at me and the surprise on my face was surely evident.

"O-okay, I can do that." I was shocked. We hardly talked and he says he trusts me with his pack. I shrugged off my thoughts and smiled down at my mate until I realized he would be leaving for a week or two. 

I frown and look back at Ajax.

"When is the meeting?" I ask and pull Dante closer.

"We're leaving in two days." Ajax informed me.

"Fucking hell, I thought I would have longer. How long are you gone for?"

"Just seven days. Not too long."

I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded.

Ajax talked about a few more things then dismissed the meeting.

Dante led me out of the office before pushing me up against a wall and kissing me roughly.

"I'm going to miss you." He muttered.

"Get a room, fags! No one wants to see that disgusting shit!" Staci growled whole stomping out of Ajax's office.

"Don't talk to your fucking beta like that." Dante's eyes glowed and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Staci! Get your ass in here right now!" Ajax yelled through the oak door to his office.

She huffed and stomped into his office. When she was gone, Dante pushed his lips on mine again.

"Let's do something I'm not going to forget." Dante growled in my ear.

"Or we could wait, Dante, your wolf is taking over." I stopped him.

"I don't care. I want this. I want you."

"No you don't. You're not ready. This is your wolf talking."

"I just want you, Sammy!"

"No, Dante, you don't. Calm down."

He turned around and stormed off to god knows where.

I hung my head and sighed. He'll come back eventually. He needs time to think.

I knocked on Ajax's office door and called my brother out.