<50> Dante

Once we all reached pack lands, we shifted into our wolves and jetted off into the woods. Everyone ran together, forming a large mass of many colors.

A large wooden and brick and stone structure blocked our path to the other side of the lands.

Holy shit, Alpha. How much did this cost? It's fuckin huge! Henry asked through our link.

I let out a wolf chuckle at the boy, telling him to watch his language.

Every body spread out and checked out the land, scouring the new pack house that is currently being finished and decorated.

I trotted around the first floor, looking at the elegant entrances and stairs. I had requested that they make it look old but mix in the new.

After a while, a wolf ran up to me. He was panting and the aura that radiated off of him read fear.

Before the wolf could get a single noise out of his mouth, a rush of rogues jetted towards us.

My eyes caught my father's eyes. No. Not today. What the hell does he think he's doing?

Somehow, I lost Dante in the mix of wolves. My heart began to beat against my ribcage at an unnatural pace. My eyes searched through every speck of land, looking for my mate.

While my attention was searching for my mate, I was tackled.

My mind was elsewhere as the rogue wolf attacked me. His large claws tore into my stomach and his teeth snapped at my throat.

Dante.

I need to keep him safe!

I came back to realization, quickly flipping the small wolf off of me.

My small pack was quickly defeating the rogues but I still couldn't find Dante.

After about thirty minutes, my mind still in a haze, all the rogues were either dying on the ground or running off into the woods.

I shifted and motioned for all of my wolves to shift.

"Has anyone seen Dante?" I asked as I stumbled over a body. It grunted in pain, catching my attention.

The wolf's color was very similar to my mate's.

"Shift!" I commanded.

It groaned in pain, looking up at me with fear and sadness.

His body began to morph, becoming even more familiar then I want to admit.

My knees grew weak as I stared at the beautiful man below me.

I collapsed, my knees hitting the ground. My hands rushed to pull my mate towards me. I cradled his head to my chest, my body shaking.

"No, not my mate. Not my love." I cried to the goddess. She'd taken everything from me.

"Sammy... I love you." He mumbled, his eyes fluttering closed.

"No! Dante, baby, keep your eyes open. Love, I need you to stay with me."

"Please... Dante, I need you." My body shook with sobs as I folded over my mate's almost lifeless body.

"Someone find a doctor!" I yelled out to all that could hear.