I

[ Song of the chapter: Love song- Mariee Sioux]

Joey carefully lead me to his car, and opened the trunk.

He has a grey old ford, with a busted window and a dented bumper but he loved that car to death. Sometimes I think he loves it more then me.

He threw my suit case into the trunk and slammed it shut, while I got in the car. He made sure one of the mirrors was straight before running over to his side of the car and climbing in. He started the car and the windshield instantly started to fog up due to the freezing cold outside the car and the warmth inside of it.

"Nyla, Are you sure you want to leave?" Joey asked me. I nodded. My dad has been getting rather drunk lately ever since my mom died, and not to mention my dad knew of Joey's father. Albert Trotta was the leader of the New York Mafia, and my dad knew that bad things were just waiting to happen, but I knew Joey and I knew he wanted nothing to do with his father, and all I really needed right now was Joey.

He pulled out of the driveway, and I looked back at my trashed house, where was I gonna stay?

His room at regis? His house? Honestly as long as I don't go back I think I'll be fine.

"Where am I gonna go?" I said looking at Joey. "I'm not going back"

"Hell no, I'm not letting you go back your dad is out of control" Joey said, he paused. "You could stay with me..." Joey suggested.

"an all boys school... Wonderful idea" I said.

"Look if I talk to the dean he'll probably let you stay somewhere, I mean your grades are decent, and well my dad could pay for the expenses." Joey tried.

"Yeah sure getting involved with money and the New York mafia, great idea" I rolled my eyes. I looked over at Joey and saw the genuine pain in his eyes. I instantly regretted what I said.

"I'm sorry, that was a really shitty move" I said putting my hand on his. "I love you" I spoke to Joey. "And I need you. I'm just a little heated from my dad being bitchy."

"Its fine, I know you didn't mean it" Joey said raising my hand to his lips and kissing it, but not without his eyes leaving the road. "And I don't want to get you involved just as much as you, but what else is there? Your not going back."

"I don't know, I mean, I don't know" I said burring my face in my hand. I started to cry. Joey quickly pulled into a empty parking lot.

"Hey hey shhhhhh, baby girl, look at me," I sniffed looking up at him. "You'll be alright, I promise, tonight you can stay in my dorm, for the time being ill say your a guest which means we have five days to figure this out alright?" I nodded.

"You're perfect you know that?" Joey asked me.

"Yeah... Nice try" I said.

"No i'm serious, let me show you just how serious I am" he said then he leaned over and kissed me passionately. It was an awkward position to kiss because there was an arm rest in between us but Joey helped me climb over it and let me sit on his lap.

I put one of my hands on his face the other on his chest. His hands where on my waist pulling me close to him. I stopped kissing him to yawn.

"You tired baby girl?" Joey asked me. I nodded snuggling into his chest. "Then let's go then". He helped me climb back over to my seat, then started to drive again.

I fell asleep in the car without a worry just because Joey was there.

I woke to a pair of arms trying to pick me up. I opened my eyes to see Joey.

"You crazy" I said making him realize I was awake.

Joey and I went to his dorm, and didn't see Billy but we didn't think anything of it. He was probably out causing trouble so I put my bag down and yawned. I took off my shoes and opened my suit case. Joey took off his shirt and pants leaving him in boxer shorts. I don't know if that's the way he sleeps or if he's trying to impress me. But I know what I wear to sleep so I changed my shorts, and took off my shirt leaving me with a sports bra covering my upper torso. I mean everything was covered... Joey climbed into his bed.

I walked over to his bed and sat down. I paused then laid down completely. I snuggled up to Joey and burrowed my head in his shoulder. I could feel him chuckling.

"Your so beautiful" he whispered in my ear and he wrapped his long slim arms around me, and I inhaled his scent of fresh cut grass and cologne. This is the end. This is how I go into cardiac arrest.