Chapter 10

Laurine's P.O.V

I stir my cereal around the bowl not feeling hungry. I've felt absolutely elated since yesterday. My day with Liam was so perfect and Ciara and I had a nice girly night with chick-flicks after. I think I love him. Is that crazy? Maybe I'm just really starstruck...or something. 

I jump as the door bangs and I hear footsteps running towards me. I could've sworn I locked that. "Lau?" A breathless voice calls for me. Ah it's Ciara. She does have a key j guess. But there's a knock on the door, I hear it open and some more hurried footsteps follow Ciara's. What is going on?

"Laurine?" Liam is here! Why is Liam here? And what is wrong with them. Ciara sprints into the room. "You probably shouldn't check your phone babe!" She cries breathlessly, grabbing my phone from the table and stuffing it in her pocket.

"You have to fix this!" Ciara sighs turning to Liam. Fix what? Everything is fine! Nothing needs to be fixed. I open my mouth to protest but Liam, looking panicked pulls the chair beside me out to sit down, sits down, jumps back up and begins to pace, tossing some sort of papers in my general direction. 

I grab the page sand gasp. There I am. I am in more than one magazine , more than one newspaper.

There's a picture of me and Liam, his arm around my waist, jacket over my shoulders and I'm smiling up at him.  The headlines vary. 

"Love for 1D heartthrob?"

"Pain for Payne...'s  EXES"

"Liam's exes speak of their heartache..."

"Liam Payne cheating on Taylor?"

I gasp. Liam nods and paces some more. "Just to clarify I was never dating Taylor obviously" he runs his hands through his hair.

I get up to comfort him. "Listen I know you're obviously mortified to be seen with me but it's just more rumours. They'll clear up."

Liam shakes his head, almost in sync with Ciara as her expression mirrors his. 

"You don't get it. I'm not embarrassed Laurine. You don't get what this means for you! You're a normal girl. You're not Taylor Swift who can just not see the effects of these rumours."

Ciara nods.

"Lau you're getting so much hate on twitter. They have Liam trending.Girls are sending death threats and everything." 

Liam leans against the wall. 

"They'll make your life hell babe. I really like you and I want to be with you I'm just sorry it happened this quickly that you have to deal with this. I tried to shake off the panic that began to take over.

"It's okay Liam. You make me strong." I try for a laugh.

"Strong enough to take this?" He raises his eyebrows , a small smile emerging.

"Hey haters gonna hate." I shrug. Liam hugs me but I can see Ciara watching, waiting for my composure to break.