Chapter 12

Laurine's P.O.V

The hammering on the door interrupts my sobs but I can't force myself to get up. I should be happy. People think Liam actually wants to be with me. But I don't want this drama. Liam pleads with me to open the door, his shouts are audible, even here locked up in the corner of the bathroom floor with him outside. I stay quietly in my corner and the noise stops. I knew he'd give up. Everyone always does.

I wonder how Ciara would react to this? She would probably take it better than I am. Most people would. This isn't me. I need to just ignore it. I make the decision to just be satisfied with my life and forget the cowards targeting me from behind a computer screen. I'm sick of bullies tormenting me.

Something moves in my line of sight and I scream just as a figure jumps through the window. "Shhhhh" Liam frowns, falling to the floor beside me and rubbing his neck. "It would've hurt less if you'd opened the door thanks." He grins pulling me into a tight hug and kissing the top of my head. "I'm sorry babe."

I wrap by arms around his waist and cling to him.
"I know it's hard to take. Tell me your story?" He asks. I look up at him.
"What?"
"There's something deeper there. Ciara is really worried."

I nod biting my lip.
"It's nothing really Liam. I've just been bullied quite badly before and I guess Ciara is just worried they'll break me."

He pulls away so he can see my face.

"It's just that you get to this point where you've cried so much, you've hurt so much, you feel so worthless that you're just numb. You've no concept of what's going on, you just go through the motions because you have to, all the while feeling completely despised. It was ages ago Liam. It's just, it's like if someone has something glass, some strong glass ornament okay? But it gets broken. And it's usually about then that the people who supposedly loved the ornament abandon it, replace it. But sometimes you get someone who cares enough to stick all those broken pieces back together, just to make a shell of what this once was. That's what Ciara did for me. But see once it's broken it'll never fully be the same no matter how hard you try. I guess she's just afraid they'll break all the broken pieces." I sniffle.

He looks like he's about to cry. "Hey I know, trust me I get it. Ill fix this for you, I promise and I love you no matter how broken you are. Hey I'm broken too."

"I'm sorry." He just said he loves me. That sets me off more.

"Stop. Don't apologise! You're allowed to talk about the things that make up who you are without feeling bad just coz some shitty people told you you weren't perfect. Well trust me you're perfect to me."

He wipes away my tears and pulls me up. "C'mon lets go forget the world for a while."

I smile at him. "What are we going to do?"
He laughs. "Be spontaneous."