Chapter 14

Laurine's P.O.V

Liam drives to possibly the most remote place to take me to because of the drama. We walk for miles into some sort of a meadow and he pulls me to sit down. "I'm sorry something more elaborate isn't really an option." He shrugs.
I shake my head dismissing his comment. "I don't care where we go."
He nodded. "I'm really crazy about you you know?" I search for any doubt in his eyes but it's not there. His hands lock around mine.

"Do you just want rid of me now? I know it's a lot of drama "
I laugh. "Why? Do you want rid of me?" He shakes his head laughing.
"Nah I mean it's a bit much for them to send me death threats when we're not even a couple though."

He pulls my face up so that I'm looking at him.
"I've been trying to take it slow."
I try to look down.
"Or you're embarrassed of me?"

"No! I tried playing it cool. Clearly that's not working." He murmurs.

"I'm irritating and I talk to much or not enough. I'm weird as hell, I'm not a party girl, I'm very innocent, I'm damaged..."
And then his lips meet mine and I can't think straight. I kiss him back until eventually he pulls away.
"You're not irritating or anything of the sort babe, or weird. You're perfect and ,maybe I'm not but baby I'm perfect for you. And I don't care how slow you need to take it if that's what you're implying."

I let my hair fall over my face as I feel my cheeks glow pink.
"You are perfect." I bite my lip.
The moment was completely ruined when Liam's phone rang and he pulled way away from me.
"Yeah? No? What? Why? I'm busy? Meeting for what? Yeah well I didn't see it. Raging why? Bullshit. Yeah right okay."

He leans down and pulls me up suddenly in a hurry. "We have to go."
He doesn't talk as he sprints back towards the car.
"Who's Ryan McLoughlin?"
What? Ryan? Why? This is getting weird.
"Why?"
"Coz there's been certain arrangements made and Harry is raging."
"Do I want to know?"
"I don't know anything. Harry doesn't even know what he's saying. He's really mad. They want some sort of showmance thing going. Just forget it til we get there. So what's your favourite Christmas movie?"
I giggle and we start talking about the most trivial things.

And then the shock comes. The car jolts to a stop but continues to spin sideways. I scream and Liam screams. I feel myself jolt into the window and my head hurts but the glass doesn't break. The car stops in a ditch. After the initial shock I try to stop shaking.
"Shit. I'm so sorry babe!" Liam's voice is unsteady.
He pulls me into a hug. "Are you hurt?" I shake my head. He has a gash on his forehead which is making me feel increasingly sick by the moment but other than this he seems to be relatively unharmed. He pulls off his top and tries to clean the blood as he sees my face. I'm momentarily distracted by his bare torso before he pulls me in and kisses me gently.
"There was something moving on the road." He explains breathlessly. He gets out of the car and sweeps my up of my feet as we make the journey towards the potentially sinister object. Liam doesn't seem overly afraid though. He bends down.
"Awh Lau it's puppies. One of them's been hit." He crouches down and I pull away from him. One puppy whines beside another. Liam gently turns me to face the other way.
"You don't want to see it babe." It wasn't us who hit it but I instantly feel responsible for it. He picks up the dying or possible already dead puppy and wraps it in his top. He hands me the other one, keeping his out of my eyeline.
"C'mon we can't leave them here."
I hold my one close. "How sweet is that. This one never left its side." I feel tears prickle in my eyes. "But it's no use. Even though it didn't give up he can't have his friend back."
Liam hugs me again. "It's not over til it's over babe, maybe he'll pull through."