Chapter 24

Laurine's P.O.V

Walking into the room with Cian sitting in there is possibly the most intensely horrific thing I've ever had to do. I walk in and he looks up at me.
The other lads are here too but I better get it over with before One Direction arrive. Ryan is looking particularly sheepish standing in the corner. Eww.

"Hey!" I murmur, nervous.
"Hey!" Cian jumps up to hug me.
"Have you decided or?"
"Yeah okay so you're amazing Cian and you're funny and we get on really well and you make me feel like I'm the only girl you've ever smiled at, the only girl you've ever connected with. And I can't deny that it all happened very quickly and yes, I love you..."
Cian misreads my signals and, smiling leans in to kiss me. I stop breathing. Josh laughs from somewhere behind me. "Going in for the kill."
I couldn't let him. I couldn't but I didn't want to pull away. His lips brushed off mine and I pulled away. I felt myself wince.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, only to him. His face falls. He looks like I've just stomped on his heart. My heart feels heavy. "I'm sorry." I breathe and run from the room before I do something stupid.
Dean follows me.
"What was that?" He asks. It almost sounds critical but his voice is gentle.
"What was I supposed to do?"
"You have just broken his heart you know? He has fallen hard and fast and you gave him hope. He's crushed."
I bury my head in my hands.

"It was always Liam I wanted.I think." I breathe.
"Is it for the right reasons though?"
"You don't understand."
He nods, sceptical. "All I know is that both you and Ciara are messing with people's emotions here left right and centre. I know it's not intentional but it still fucking hurts."
I shake my head.
"We have to do what's right for us."
He nods again turning on his heel.

"Just remember you've really hurt him. But yet what's right for you is the lads from One Direction. I wonder why." And he walks away. Like he knows anything. So what if I like Liam, if Ciara likes Harry? That's not our fault.
And then a familiar voice behind me calls my name.

"Liam." I sigh.
He runs to me and hugs me, lifting me up.
"You heard?" I ask.
He nods, pecking my cheek.
"I'm so happy you chose me!"
I pull away from him so I can see his face.
"Actually..."

Liam looks at me confused.
"Ahahah just kidding?" He laughs.
I bite my lip and shake my head.
Ugh this is painful.
"You clearly have no trust in me and also you thought it was okay when I was vulnerable, because of you by the way, to ultimatum me. So I think I'm happy enough alone for now. It's familiar. It's what I'm good at." And I see the second face fall. This is torture.
"I'm sorry." I sigh as he turns and walks away.