Chapter 22

Laurine's P.O.V

It's peaceful when I wake up to the sound of birds chirping. I open my eyes and for a moment I'm shocked to be lying on the couch. I'm extremely disorientated. And then I spot Cian and everything clicks in my head. I didn't drink that much though a slight headache is niggling at me. Cian is asleep on the armchair. It couldn't be comfortable. I can't believe he stayed with me all night. But wait. Doesn't that mean Ciara hasn't come over? She text to say she'd be here last night.

I get dressed, just sweats and a loose top. I really couldn't be bothered. I pull my hair back into a simple ponytail and slap a tiny bit of make up on just to conceal the tiredness. When I'm ready to face the day I make the trek back downstairs. Cian's awake now and I hear the kettle on. There's silence other than this though. I walk toward the kitchen and when Cian catches sight of me he looks at me for ages. I walk over and hug him. He gently nudges me away and gestures over to the table.

What? Liam's here. This is bad. Liam's jaw is tight as he glares down at the table.
Cian explains. "Listen I felt really bad and the more I get to know you the more it becomes blatantly obvious. You deserve everything and anything the world has to offer. If it's him you want I shouldn't keep you from happiness, so however much it killed me to do it, I've cleared everything up with Liam." I feel a stab of pain in my chest but I don't know why.

I take a step towards Liam, hesitant. He jumps up.
"I came here because I believed Cian and I love you. But it doesn't look like you're very sure to me. Listen babe. If it's me you want then I'm yours. But if you're not sure, I can't bare the pain. You've til tomorrow to decide yeah? Him or me?" He hugs me quickly, pulls away and is gone.

Cian is standing, slightly baffled and very unsure.
"I'm sorry." He says. "If it's guilt over last night I get it, it was the alcohol. I won't tell Liam and I can handle it. I think."
I shake my head.
"I just can't think straight. Thank you by the way. For trying."
He nods and, hesitant reaches for a cuddle. I close the distance between us and let him comfort me.
"You know it's nice to be like this with you when it's not forced and you're not intoxicated." I laugh. "It was you that gave me drink. Plus alcohol does not control my decisions."

He shakes his head. "You wouldn't have kissed me otherwise yeah? You took my top off" he laughs. "You hate me normally."
I shake my head, burying it further into his chest to hide the blush I can feel forming.
"I don't hate you Cian."
He laughs again.
"What a relief. Such a compliment." I nod pulling away and turning back to grab a jacket. I need to clear my head. And I may need Ciara's opinion. It should be obvious but for some reason it's not.