Chapter 42

Ciara's P.O.V.:

Laurine was leaving. She didn't tell me where to, but it's probably for the best.

We were standing at the airport and hugged each other. It was just me and her. No one else.

"You take care, okay? And call me as soon as you land, wherever it is that you're going. And if you need anything to hesitate to call," I said as I pulled away from our embrace. Tears were filling her eyes.

"I don't know if I really should go," she whispered, "I want to leave, but I can't and now I don't know what to do," she said and a few tears streamed down her face.

"Take your time to think, darling, I won't go anywhere until you made up your mind. Do you want to grab a coffee?" I asked and pointed at a Starbucks. She nodded and grabbed her suitcase. We walked to Starbucks while linking arms. We ordered a caramel macchiato and sat down somewhere.

"Now. Tell auntie Ciara what's going on in your head?" I grinned.

She cracked a smile. "Cian and I had an amazing night last night. He kissed me and then he stayed at my place while we watched movies and ordered pizza. Around 11 o'clock he said he had to go. I didn't tell him I'm leaving. I told none of the lads. I love Liam. I know it's him I want, but I can't go through with it knowing that I'm hurting Cian. I don't know what to do, Ciara, please help me," she said desperate, more tears streaming down her cheeks.

I bit my lip. I have no clue what to do either. I grabbed her hand in mine. "Lau, look at me," I said. When she looked at me I started speaking again, "I'm sure Cian understands. He wants you to be happy and if you're happy with Liam then I'm sure he's happy as well. He'll find someone soon," I comforted her. I hope I was doing okay.

"You really think so?" She asked and took a napkin to blow her nose.

"I know so," I said, "everything will be okay, darling. I promise," I reassured her.

"Okay. I'll cancel my ticket and then we go home. I'll ask Liam and Cian to come over and we'll talk things out," she said, trying to stand her ground. I glanced at her, but I could still see it in her eyes: doubt.