Chapter 34

Laurine's P.O.V

I try to breathe normally as I walk back in and sit down calmly. Or I try to be calm.
"She's not coming back. She feels sick I think and you're all annoying her."
My comment is dismissed. None of them take any notice of me. I go and sit in the corner furthest away from them all. I'm still a suspect and if we both leave they'll have no doubt that it was us. But it wasn't. Why would Harry do it though?

I jump as a pair of arms appear around my waist and a low voice mutters in my ear.
"Laurine I'll draw no attention to your sketchy story if you tell me now what Ciara's part in this was." Ryan is breathing in my ear.
I groan but nobody glances over as Ryan pulls away from me.
"So you think it was her?"
He shakes his head.
"I know it wasn't. The girl can't lie. But I do know that whatever just happened, she's upset and you're lying."

"I don't know Ryan."
He nods and walks away. "Fine."
I groan and roll my eyes. This is a mess.
Liam comes over and sits beside me.
He doesn't speak for a long time.

I sit with him in companionable silence as I try to clarify the situation in my head.
"Liam?"
He turns his head to face me.
"It wasn't me. Or Ciara."
Liam nods.
"It wasn't me either. I know you think because of what went down between me and Cian..."
I shake my head.

I know what I'm about to do is wrong but I can't help it anymore.
"It was Harry." I whisper.

Liam nods. Wait what? There's no shock on his face.
"Yeah I know."
I gasp.
Liam shushes me.
"I just saw Ciara pull the memory stick out of Harry's pocket."
Oh.
"Why would he though?" I ask.
"Well Ciara and Ryan kinda did fuck him over a bit."
I shake my head. "He wasn't even talking to her. Never mind dating her."
Liam shrugs.
"Just imagine it was the other way around okay? If Harry had done that, regardless of their relationship status, even if it was a break up it was way too soon after. What would you have said?"
I sigh. He's right.

But then Liam chooses to confuse me even more.
"What if Ryan put it in Harry's pocket so that Harry will get the blame, Ciara will hate him, you might hate me if they accuse me of involvement and then they can have you both?" I stare at him baffled.

Is he trying to convince me that this was what happened to cover for Harry?
Would Ryan do that? Or Cian? Are they that strategic about this?
Or was it Harry and Liam really is as clueless as we are?