Chapter 17

Ciara's P.O.V.:

The rest of day was absolutely horrible. Ryan and I went on a 'date' to Pret A Manger. I guess it worked, because a bunch of paparazzi were taking pictures of us.

"So, Ciara," Ryan started, "what have you been up to these past couple years?" He asked trying to make small talk.

"As you can see and may have noticed, I moved to London with my best friend, and she arranged One Direction tickets for me and her a few days ago and now I'm sort of dating, Harry. So if you could just keep your hands and feet at your side, that'd be great," I said.

"Sort of dating?" Ryan asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes. He hasn't ask me to be his girlfriend or anything, but we go on dates and stuff and why am I even telling you this? You don't care," I answered.

"Yes, I do," he said sincere. Wait, what? I looked at him to see if I could find a lie in his eyes. Nope, none. I frowned and looked down, not really knowing what to say.
I took a bite off my wrap and stared at my hands.

"Listen, I'm sorry for the things I said and did when we bumped into each other.. It was rude of me and I'm sorry," Ryan spoke truthfully.

I shook my head, "it's alright, I guess. I guess we were bound to bump into each other at one point. London isn't that big." I said with a slight smile.

"True," he chuckled.

We sat face to face and we talked for hours straight that I didn't even realise that the sun went down.

"I have to go," I said as I looked at my watch.

"I'll walk you home," Ryan said and stood up. Wow, who knew he could be such a gentleman?

We walked outside and I pulled my jacket closer. Did I mention I hate autumn? Well now you know.

Apparently Ryan noticed I was cold, because he took off his jacket and put it around my shoulders.

I smiled as a thank you and we walked home. All of a sudden he grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers.

"If we have to pretend we're a couple, we have to act like one," he whispered in my ear, making me  giggle.

After about 25 minutes we arrived at my place.

"Thank you for a lovely evening,"  I said and gave him back his jacket.

"No no keep it," he smiled, "thank you for agreeing to this," he said and leaned in. He cupped my cheeks softly and presses a kiss against my lips. I froze, not knowing what to do.
He pulled away seconds later.

"I'll call you tomorrow," he said and with that he left.

Ryan kissed me.
Fuck.

I went inside and saw Laurine sitting on the staircase, sobbing.

"Lau? You okay?" I asked and walked closer.

She looked up at me and shook her head.
"Cian kissed me," she sobbed.

Double fuck.