Chapter 30

Laurine's P.O.V

Ciara comes into the room and wraps her arms loosely around my neck from behind me. She rests her chin on the top of my head sighing.
"Loved up?" I grin.
"Messed up." She laughs. "Any more clarity on the Liam/Cian thing?"
I shake my head.
"I think I want Liam. I know I want Liam. But I can't honestly look at him and tell him I feel nothing towards Cian. So it's not fair to put him through that."
Ciara sighs again. "I reckon we're always single because we care too much about how people feel." I giggle.
"I think you might be right."

The bell rings and we both jump. Ciara strides out to answer it. She sounds baffled.
"What are you doing here? There is no room for more drama in this situation."
I hear a few pairs of footsteps coming towards me. Josh is here. Why?
"Gimme your phone?" He sighs, hand out reluctantly towards me. Dean and Dayl appear at his side.

My mouth moves but no words escape it. What is wrong with him?
"Now?" Josh taps his foot impatiently.
"No!" I cross my arms over my chest, guard up. He will not break me down.
Ciara looks confused.
"Why?"
Dean puts a hand out in a similar fashion and I wonder if they practiced this. I suppress a giggle as I try to figure out what they want.
"I'm sorry babe but you too?"
Ciara shoves a hand in her pocket and holds it there. She's not handing over her phone any time soon.
Dean sighs. He reaches over and picks her up. The shock on her face is evident.
Dayl reaches across and grabs both her wrists holding them together in one hand and grabbing the phone with the other.
Dean puts her down. "Sorry." He shrugs. "The alternative is you dealing with the boss man. It would not be pleasant." Ciara glares at them. "Give it back. Does Ryan know you're here?"
I hold my breath as I deliberate over my options. Should I run? Surely they're faster? And stronger?

"Yeah him and Cian have been made aware. They're both in trouble. Brendan didn't want to get involved."
Now it's my turn to speak and as I'm distracted Josh reaches out and grabs my phone. He ruffles my hair and suppresses a grin. "Sorry." He doesn't look sorry.
"In trouble?" I ask through gritted teeth.
"Our next single has been leaked way in advance. This was supposed to be a big one."
Dean sighs.
Ciara looks as if she might explode. "And we're the suspects."

Dayl nods. "Oh come on. It's not as if you care about them. Cian is heartbroken coz somebody..." Accusing glance in my direction "led him on and now wants nothing to do with him. And Ciara? Correct me if I'm wrong but you cried on Ryan's shoulder and then as soon Harry decides he wants you again I'd bet anything you're back kissing him." Ciara lets her hair fall over her face. Dayl sighs, Josh rolls his eyes and Dean shakes his head.

"We're believing that neither lad actually gave you the track yeah? But both of them had a copy. There's evidence coz we have seen the message that the link was sent through a private number." They're really upset,the shock is overpowering.
"I'm sorry to hear it." Ciara murmurs. "But I still don't see why that means it was one of us."

"All signs point that way. And it's Cian's copy that's missing." Dayl sighs looking pointedly at me.
And they leave. Just like that. With our phones. Gone.