24

"Dan!" Phil screamed. "No!"

A single bullet whizzed through the air, exerting energy as though it was alive. It screamed and almost cried out in terror but it was an inanimate object. An object with no apparent emotions or feelings. A pawn to be played on a chess board that brought death.

A robotic piece of equipment that was forever to be controlled.
It headed from its home and wedged itself into soft flesh that pulsated blood. It angrily bit into skin and sent pain and shock waves up the body.

Dan had leapt into the path of the bullet. It had hit his chest just to the left of his heart. He gasped and touched the wound with his fingers.

Blood.

Crimson blood that spilled from the entry point and onto his faded black shirt. A liquid so thick that it could connect families together and keep others out. After all, blood is thicker than water. But not as thick as a sense of love.

Dan collapsed to the floor.

"No! Dan!" Phil pulled against his wrists. "Someone do something!"

The ninjas let go of Luke's arms and ran off into the night. Luke saw another gun, protruding from Dan's back pocket. He grabbed it and held it up to John who was still pointing his gun at Luke.

Luke took no chances and fired his gun. John fell to the floor almost immediately.

"Get me out of here!" Phil demanded.

Luke complied, easily finding keys to unlock Phil's wrists. Phil ran to Dan whilst Luke undid the handcuffs of every other person in the room. His hands were shaking as he did so. Luke had just killed a man. He was a murderer.

A man not abiding by the law. A criminal.

Phil held his hands against Dan's chest, trying to keep the crimson horror inside his body. His hands soon became stained with Dan's blood and Phil's tears.

"Phil," Dan held a hand toward Phil. "Just leave me, go," Dan weakly pushed Phil away.

"No, I-I couldn't. I won't," Phil sobbed, pressing harder on Dan's chest.

Dan chuckled. "If you love me let me go."

"Don't quote Brendan Urie at a time like this," Phil smiled, despite his heart that was waiting to he shattered.

"I'm off to join the black parade?" Dan asked mockingly, then bursting out in pain.

"Dan, please you have to stay with me," Phil dragged Dan's head onto his lap. "If you go, who will make the Philisnotonfire's with me, eh?" Phil's voice was shaky. "And who'll make Delia Smith pancakes at ten at night? Yeah? That's our thing and it can't be our thing if you aren't here!"

"Hey, you'll be fine," Dan coughed, the spasms sending his body into overdrive. "I love you."
"No! Dan! You can't do this," Phil shouted, still pressing onto the wound where the blood was still flowing out but a lot slower.

"Phil, my amazing, amazing Phil," Dan muttered then gave into slumber.

"No! Felix! Somebody! Do something!" Phil screamed, tears steaming down his face as he lost the one thing he could not replace.

Felix walked over to Phil and held him by the shoulders. Phil leapt into Felix's open arms. Gross sobs erupted from his dry throat as he mourned Daniel James Howell.

"You're fine, you're fine," Felix rubbed Phil's back.

Joe came up behind the two as the others watched on.

"We need to leave," Joe said, surprisingly taking a cigarette from his pocket. "As in now. Hank's still around and I'm sure John's henchmen will come back soon."

Phil stared up at Joe and glared with red rimmed eyes.

"We are not leaving him behind," Phil stated bluntly. "We give him the burial he deserves."

Joe sighed. "I'm sorry to say this Phil, but he'd just be dead weight."

Phil started up but Felix intervened.

"Joe's right Phil, we do need to leave and Dan would just slow us down."

Emma turned into Luke's chest, keeping her eyes off Phil. Luke held her close and sighed.

"I guess we're gonna have to make robotic movements now Emma," Luke murmured. "Robotic movements indeed.

.

.

Epilogue tomorrow night. I hope you enjoyed the Phan scene bc it was one of my fave parts to write.

Static Movements will be up on Monday night and updated every Monday after.

Bye.

Hannah
X
>^.^<