A Change In The Wind

"Um" Stiles said shakily

This was all to much.

"He knows" Kyle grumbled.

His father frowned.

Stiles stiffened.

"You smell odd" He said.

Kyle groaned.

"Um, I'm a were-fox apparently" Stiles said slowly, to bewildered to say anything else.

His expression cleared up and he smiled stepping inside more "Ah, that explains it, come in then"

Stiles blinked again and then more rapidly...that was not the reaction he was expecting and Kyle was red in the face but not with fury, in fact Kyle smelt embarrassed? Humiliated? 

Stiles looked at both of them then stepped into the house. Kyle's father closing the door behind him, smiling warmly at him.

Stiles was still waiting for the punch line.

There had to be one right? This had to be some sort of trap?

Kyle had been the creepy Nogitsune, telling him all these things about himself that he'd never admit, that almost broke him inside, he was the bad guy but...

The Kyle standing in front of him, who was wearing a t-shirt two sizes to big for him and red with embarrassment was not. He looked just like an ordinary teenager. Embarrassed by his father's behaviour and completely different from the guy he'd seen at school. 

Stiles felt himself double checking Kyle's features to make sure he was at the right house and this was the guy who's been freaking him and the pack out.

"You're just in time. We were just about to have dinner" Kyle's father said cheerfully, leading him into the living room.

Stiles had to stop himself from gaping, as he saw the completely normal dinner arranged neatly on the table. Candles glittering in the darkened room.

"Why don't you sit down?" His father said politely.

Stiles took the chair warily, still not really believing what he was seeing. 

Kyle's father could see the disbelief on Stiles face and said though a little sadly "Expecting something a little different Stilinski?"

Stiles tensed up.

 "How do you know my name?"

Before he could reply Kyle did instead, sitting down as he said grumpily "You're the Sheriff's kid. Everyone that knows people in this town, knows your last name"

Stiles flushed a little at that.

But then he realised Kyle's father was still waiting for his response but he felt a new emotion running through him...was it shame?