The Spirit Realm

After a hour of silence, walking the long winding path, it led to a smaller darker tunnel, so dark that they could not see what lies on the other end

After a hour of silence, walking the long winding path, it led to a smaller darker tunnel, so dark that they could not see what lies on the other end.  Symbols where etched on the outside of the tunnel. Old and worn. They stopped, looking at each other and they all felt it. 

Something deep inside them growing and moving, reacting to the symbols and the dread they knew they'd found the entrance. The entrance to the Spirit world.

"We really going to do this?" Malia asked but she sounded more in disbelief that she was there with them, rather than questioning it.

"Lets go" Kyle said, he was first into the tunnel, crouching down. Stiles and Malia followed. As soon as they stepped in side they all could see a light at the end of the tunnel. One by one they stepped outside. 

Before they could really react Malia gasped as if in pain, bending over. Stiles was just about to ask her what was wrong, grabbing her trembling shoulders but suddenly a pain raged war through out his body, he started to pant and sweat dripped down. Stiles was in such pain he almost didn't see Kyle react to it the same from in front of him. 

"Its-its okay. Let it pass" A soft voice told him.

Malia.

She was not in pain anymore but she was smiling, her eyes though were glowing the brightest blue he'd ever seen.

"What is this?" Stiles choked out. 

"I'm not that sure but I think its our spirit...Stiles, look!" She grabbed on to his hands, he looked down and his pain suddenly passed as a odd feeling shivered through his body. His eyes widened.

His hands were encased with a silver light, the silver and blueish light that smothered his hands, making a new shape. He could still see his normal hands but over the top of them, the light created the shape of paws and claws. He looked down some more. This couldn't be...? 

His whole body was encased with this light, creating a new shape. 

A shape of a fox.

"Is this is what you see when you glow your eyes at me?" He asked Malia slowly, in shock. 

"Yes but its not normally this bright" She said.

"Same goes for your eyes"

Malia blinked, looking startled "My eyes are-?"

"Relax" Stiles said, cupping her face "They look beautiful"

"Well this is sickeningly sweet and everything but I really think we need to make a move on" Kyle's voice broke through them.

Stiles huffed, feeling a flash of irritation but it soon disappeared as he looked at Kyle.

Kyle's aura was also there in front of them, they both could see it. Stiles noticed that it looked almost the same as his own, apart from it seemed smaller somehow, around his body and a darker silver without any blue.

"It seems to have called upon our spirits" Kyle said slowly but he was frowning and his tone was grim.

"Isn't that good? I feel pretty good" Stiles said, he felt almost like he'd drunk several energy drinks and almost like after he'd taken pain for the first time but it didn't leave him feeling drunk on power unlike last time.

Malia nodded, she could feel it too.

"I'm not sure. Just...control yourselves" He told them. They walked forward, confused but not asking what he'd meant.

They walked on light grass beneath their feet. Trees were all around them. An creepy feeling stirred in the air as they walked. Stiles frowned as he felt his own nogitsune hunger that had always been in him though he could ignore it, suddenly it heightened to a incredibly degree.

"Stiles!"

He gasped, his knees giving way. 

He didn't realise that the same thing was happening to Kyle. 

The hunger surged through his veins. His aura brightened but also seemed to pulse angrily, like a ticking time bomb. Fear shot through him, it was just like before, when he'd searched for Kyle to help him. It felt like he was dying if he didn't feed soon!

Only Malia voice brought him back to reality. He had to focus on her, shouting in front of him. Ignoring the Nogitsune's deep urges,  very slowly but surely he was able to put them to one side. Some things were just more important than hunger.

"Malia" He gasped out "What was that?"

Before she could reply Kyle did instead. He looked a little worse for wear but not starving.

"Its this place. It brings our true natures out. Nogitsune especially. We're more connected to the spirit world than werewolves or other were creatures are. It tends to make us feel..."

"Insatiable" Stiles muttered.

And for once he felt a tiny small thread of pity towards the Nogitsune that had possessed him, swelled inside him. Was that what it had felt like constantly? Every minute? Every second? No wonder it had given in.

He just hoped he would never give in...