The Spirit Challenge

"Who dares speak?!"

"Who dares speak?!"

The voice rumbled through the realm, echoing around them, shaking the ground. Stiles and Malia both stepped back in shock but Kyle stood his ground.

"Kyle Tenebris. You have wrought chaos on me and my father. It comes to a end, now!"

A pair of glowing haunting eyes slowly appeared from the tunnel, staring at them from the darkness.

"I thought your kind liked chaos" The voice replied, sounding mocking.

Kyle growled lowly at that.

There was a rustle in the ground, like earthquakes and then... it was before them.

It's wings spread wide, flaring upwards threateningly.

The Owl.

The Kikayaon was before them.

It was white but with a red tint to its feathers, like blood. This truly was a omen from the dead. 

"It's a pity I didn't decide to strike. One less problem to deal with" It said, its voice calmer and lower.

Stiles stepped backwards, eyes wide. Knowing it was talking about him, the way it was looking at him.

"You-you've been following me?" Stiles asked worriedly.

"Hunting" Kyle corrected, looking at the Owl grimly.

It turned to Kyle and its voice echoed across the spirit world "Tenebris, I accept your challenge!"

Kyle didn't have time to react, talons struck through the air but they hit thin air.

The dark fox gasped in shock and he was pushed out of the way. Stiles on top of him.

"You okay?" Stiles asked, quickly scrambling of him and helping him stand.

"I'm pretty sure you just saved my life" Kyle said, blinking in disbelief that he'd been so close to death.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll have your chance to pay me back!" Stiles replied as the Owl got ready to strike again.

It's wings spread out. And slowly it lifted itself into the air. Like a demon from hell. It would strike.

"How the hell are we meant to fight that!" Malia cried.

"Only one way to find out!" Stiles said. 

Kyle and Stiles glanced at each other and then they charged into battle.

Stiles had the most agility as he ran at the Owl, leaping over its deadly talans and grabbed on to one of its wings then he pulled.

There was a screech of pain.

Stile dodged a sharp beak heading his way, its eyes focused on him intently. He through himself to the side, landing roughly on the ground.

The Kikayaon made a noise than Stiles knew no living animal could make as it turns its attention to Kyle who had grabbed on to its talon, trying to climb up.

It landed on the ground hard, trying to squash Kyle underneath.

He managed to move just in time, jumping for a tree and pulling himself upwards, breathing hard.

He glanced up, just in time to see a giant beak heading in his direction. Kyle cried out as he jumped from the tree and it came crashing down.

Malia caught him before he hit the ground. They looked awkwardly at each other before she quickly put him down.

They stared as the Owl came straight for them, it's vast wing span knocking down trees as it charged at them.

Suddenly it reeled back in pain.

Stiles was on its head, he'd somehow climbed up without it noticing and was stabbing his fingers into its eyes.

It jerked furiously around, finally flinging him off and giving Stiles its full attention. It's talons reached for him, slicing through the air like daggers.

Stiles tried to dodge but he knew he wasn't quick enough!

He was then suddenly thrown out of the way.

Stiles looked around, gasping for breath. 

But it hadn't been Kyle.

Nor had it been Malia.

It was...

Scott?!

Stiles gasped his name in surprise. 

Scott's pack behind him, facing the Owl.

"What? How? Why?!" Stiles spluttered.

"Anything for my brother" Scott said simply.

Stiles stared him, eyes wide.

"After all" Kira said, standing by Stiles side "You're pack right?"

He didn't answer for a second and then...

Stiles grinned.