My Dark Sides

Deaton said calmly though eyeing Stiles with interest but wariness "On the full moon you will complete your transformation into a werefox, though you will need to be chained down and watched throughout the night" 

Stiles gulped, a shiver running through his spine but despite feeling the weight of the druids words Stiles just couldn't believe it. 

Him?

 "Will I be really that dangerous?" Stiles said, hesitantly.

Scott wanted to comfort him but he had no idea how and to be honest thinking of Stiles as dangerous was almost a new thing for him, almost... Scott liked to push the Nogitsune out of mind. 

"As you will have abilities from the kitsune and werewolf, you will also have their darker sides. The primal, predatory and anger from the wolf and the trickery and slyness from the fox"

Stiles tensed up quickly. 

Lydia frowned noting their was a familiar tremble to his hands as he spoke "So like the n-nogitsune then?" 

"I-" Deaton stopped, concerned "Stiles, are you alright?" 

His breathing hitched... 

A familiar laughter echoed in Stiles ears... 

No, he couldn't... 

Not him. 

It had haunted him ever since it had died, how it had turned him against his friends and- 

Oh god, why did he do it?

So many people, so many deaths....

His fault and he was turning into him.

A fox.

Stiles vision got blurry as flashes on struggling and screaming in the coyote den as it turned him insane... 

He didn't take notice of two pairs of arms grabbing him, steadying him. 

"His having a panic attack!" He heard someone say worriedly and fearfully. 

"Stiles, stiles! Look at me" Lydia was in front of him, holding his head up so he would look at her, into her eyes. 

She seemed to understand and Kira was holding him gently. 

"You're not him" She whispered. 

"W-why a fox? Why then?!" Stiles choked out, already fearing the full moon, was he to be like the Nogitsune that night?

Would he hurt them?

Would he-

"Stiles! I'm a fox to! Not all of us are bad news. You're not like him! You're like me!" Kira cried out when Lydia's soothing words couldn't grasp him. 

You're not like him, you're like me!

"Like you?" Stiles muttered. 

"Yes, so your a fox and you might be a bit of a pain to deal with on the full moon, like Scott used to be, you told me about that remember? But you're still you, a good person and you'll always be that way to me and everyone here!" Lydia said firmly.

Slowly his vision and breathing went back to normal, he smiled weakly at his friends, his pack "Thank you" 

"We're doing this together" Scott told him steadily, comfortingly. 

Yes... 

Together sounded good.

Stiles just hoped it would last.