Chapter 9: First it was love & then a baby? (Updated)

### Neveah's POV:

I wake up with a jolt, nausea churning in my stomach. I barely make it to the bathroom before throwing up. This has been happening for days now, and the fear that has been gnawing at me is almost too much to bear.

I've bought several pregnancy tests just to be sure. I use one, and now I'm waiting for the answer, the seconds ticking by like hours. When the results finally appear, my heart stops.

**Neveah:** Oh my god, I'm pregnant.

### Two Weeks Later:

### Beyoncé's POV:

Neveah has been acting strangely lately. She's quieter than usual, spends a lot of time in her room, and avoids me more than ever. I know something is wrong, but every time I try to talk to her, she shuts me out.

**Beyoncé:** Neveah, can we talk?

**Neveah:** Not now, Mom. I have homework.

I sigh, watching her retreat to her room. The door closes with a definitive click, and I feel the distance between us widening.

### Neveah's POV:

I can't hide this from my mom much longer. The weight of the secret is crushing me. Every time I see her, I feel like I'm betraying her trust. But how can I tell her? She'll be so disappointed.

I hope Jake will be supportive. We're both just kids, not ready for this kind of responsibility.

### Later That Evening:

**Beyoncé:** Neveah, we need to talk. Now.

Her tone leaves no room for argument. I follow her to the living room, my heart pounding.

**Beyoncé:** What's going on with you? You've been acting so strange.

I take a deep breath, tears welling up in my eyes.

**Neveah:** Mom, I... I'm pregnant.

Her face goes pale, and she sits down heavily on the couch.

**Beyoncé:** Oh, Neveah... How far along are you?

**Neveah:** About six weeks.

She covers her face with her hands, taking a deep breath before looking at me again.

**Beyoncé:** We'll get through this. But you should have told me sooner.

I nod, tears streaming down my face.

**Neveah:** I'm sorry, Mom. I was so scared.

She pulls me into a hug, holding me tight.

**Beyoncé:** I know. We'll figure this out together.

### A Few Days Later:

### Neveah's POV:

The initial shock is wearing off, but the reality of my situation is setting in.

### Beyoncé's POV:

Seeing Neveah so lost breaks my heart. I remember being her age, feeling like the world was ending over much smaller problems. This is huge, and I can't let her face it alone.

**Beyoncé:** Neveah, let's go see a doctor. We need to know all our options.

She nods, looking relieved that I'm taking charge.

### At the Doctor's Office:

The doctor explains everything calmly, outlining our options and what we can expect in the coming weeks. It's overwhelming, but having all the information helps.

**Doctor:** Whatever you decide, it's important to make a choice that's right for you.

**Neveah:** Thank you.

### Back Home:

### Neveah's POV:

The doctor's visit helped, but there's still so much to process. Mom and I talk for hours, going over everything again and again. For the first time in weeks, I feel a glimmer of hope.

**Neveah:** Mom, I'm scared.

**Beyoncé:** I know, sweetheart. But we'll get through this. One step at a time.

Her words are comforting, and I cling to them like a lifeline.

### A Week Later:

### Beyoncé's POV:

Neveah seems more at peace now that we've made a plan. We're taking things one day at a time, focusing on her health and her future. It's not going to be easy, but we're in this together.

**Beyoncé:** How are you feeling today?

**Neveah:** Better. A little less scared.

I smile, feeling a sense of pride in her strength.

**Beyoncé:** You're going to be okay. We're going to be okay.

### Neveah's POV:

For the first time in what feels like forever, I believe her. We have a long road ahead, but with Mom by my side, I know I can face whatever comes next.

**Neveah:** Thanks, Mom. For everything.

**Beyoncé:** Always, Neveah. Always.