Chapter 41: It's Always Something (Updated)

**Drake's POV**

I knew I had messed up big time last night. Neveah was still not speaking to me, and my heart ached seeing her hurt. I loved her deeply, but I couldn't ignore the fact that my feelings for Jasmine were growing stronger. I needed to make a choice, and it was tearing me apart.

**Neveah's POV**

Today was the day Drake was supposed to tell me his decision. I loved him so much, and the thought of losing him to someone else was devastating. I tried to prepare myself for whatever he would say, but nothing could brace me for the reality of the situation.

Drake: "I think I made my decision."

Neveah: "Talk," I said, my voice trembling as I tried to hold back tears.

Drake: "Okay, Neveah, I love you so much, but I think I should try things with Jasmine."

The words hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My heart felt like it was being crushed under the weight of his decision. I tried to keep my composure, but as the reality set in, I dropped to the ground, overwhelmed by the pain. Drake moved towards me, trying to offer comfort, but I couldn't accept it. I was done getting hurt.

Drake: "I'm sorry."

Neveah: "Get out!" I cried out, my voice raw and filled with anguish.

Drake: "What?" he said, clearly confused by my reaction.

Neveah: "You want her, then get the hell out! If you want all of her, then get the hell out. I'm done getting played by you. Just get out!"

Drake: "I'm—"

Neveah: "GET OUT!!!"

Drake looked like he was about to say something else, but I didn't want to hear it. I dragged him out of the house and slammed the door behind him. I could hear the engine of his car starting and then fading away as he drove off. The sound of his departure left me feeling empty and alone.

I was exhausted from the emotional turmoil and needed some space to process everything. I decided to take a break from dating and focus on healing. I couldn't continue putting myself through this cycle of pain.

**In the Kitchen**

As I stood in the kitchen, trying to compose myself, I heard Blue upstairs with the kids. I decided to go up and check on them. When I reached the room, Blue was talking about how the boys were already showing signs of being troublemakers.

Blue: "Do you see the boys? I can tell they're gonna be players."

Neveah: "I can tell too. Where's Faith?"

Blue: "Faith is in the game room with Kayla's daughter."

Neveah: "Alright. Don't you think we should take the boys to see their grandma? I mean, they're three months old and don't know their granny."

Blue: "On my grave, will I ever bring my kids to see that witch. If you want, you can bring Aubrey to see her. I mean, he's your son."

Neveah: "I'm bringing him and Faith tomorrow."

As we were talking, I heard a loud scream from Faith. My heart skipped a beat, and I rushed to find out what was wrong.

Neveah: "Faith, what the hell is going on?"

Faith: "I was watching my favorite TV show, and this came on."

I looked at the screen and saw a news report showing Drake being pulled into a police car with blood on his hands. My mind raced with questions and fears. I wanted to get to the bottom of this, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to deal with Drake again, especially not under these circumstances.

Neveah: "Okay, baby, let's get you ready for bed. Go up to Auntie."

As Faith went to her room, I was left alone with my thoughts. The sight of Drake in handcuffs on TV only added to my confusion and anger. I didn't know if I wanted to be near him or deal with the mess he'd created. The pain of our breakup was still fresh, and now this new development only complicated things further.

I decided to focus on my kids and make sure they were settled and safe. I needed to be strong for them, especially after everything that had happened. I also had to figure out what to do next—whether to confront Drake about what was happening or to keep my distance and protect myself.

The next day was going to be challenging, but I had to face it head-on. I had to take care of my family and make decisions that were best for us. For now, I would try to find solace in the little moments and stay focused on what really mattered.